Parents Juju's L4 Meet Reports #5 & #6

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We have been going like crazy so I am behind on posting and just got caught up on making videos. Our next few weeks are even crazier with Tiger Paw, Gatlinburg Classic & Gamecock Invite all in the month of February and then State Meet in March...:eek:

Meet #6 - Capital City Classic
This was finally the meet we have been waiting for... :D
Lilly pulled really good performances on ALL 4 events - yippee!!! Her lowest score in this meet was a 9.4 which resulted in an AWESOME All Around score of 37.85. Wow!! Her scores were:

VT: 9.475 - 3rd
UB: 9.4 - 1st
BB: 9.525 - 1st - Personal Best
FX: 9.45 - 1st
AA: 37.85 - 1st - Personal Best
First Place Level 4 Team

There was a surprise award for the highest all around score of the L4 session. She was THRILLED to be named Grand Champion and get a small trophy. Her expression was priceless!

Even though vault was not a personal best score, I think it was her best 2 vaults of her entire season. Hopefully, we see a repeat of them in meets to come...

Capital City Classic Video: YouTube - jlewis219's Channel

Meet #5 - Carolina Classic
This meet was a good one for Lil but much lower scores. The scoring on Vault & Beam were 'off' what we are used to seeing. This was a big meet with 168 L4's divided into 3 sessions. By the time Lilly competed in the last session our coaches warned us & the remaining 5 of our girls getting ready to complete so we would not be surprised. For the entire L4 meet the judges awarded only 11 scores of 9.0 or higher on vault. It was brutal. Beam scoring was off a little too but not nearly as much. Despite the lower scoring, the judging was still consistent so all was good except for how it effected the AA score - LOL.

Her scores were:
VT: 8.175 - 11th
UB: 9.4 - 1st
BB: 8.95 - 1st
FX: 9.55 - 1st - Personal Best
AA: 36.075 - 1st
First Place Level 4 Team

Carolina Classic Video: YouTube - jlewis219's Channel

I could not be prouder as a mommy. She has surpassed my expectations this season on so many levels and she is having a blast! As the end of meet season is finally coming into sight, we are hoping Lil remains injury free. She is looking forward to learning L5 routines and getting to vault over the horse and definitely looking forward to getting to uptrain on a regular basis.

Thank you to all for your wonderful support and your kind comments. Lilly loves reading them and has a hard time imagining that other little gymmies follow her on youtube.

Wow! Two great meets!! Cute videos also! Those scores are insane!!! And I can't believe how big the meets are--168 Level 4's alone???? OMG!!! That seems sooo overwhelming!

The uptraining is always fun--that is what Dani is doing now, and she is learning her Level 6 (MDL B) skills. I think it is a nice mental break for the kids--to focus on something new and challenging.

Keep up the good work kiddo!

I saw her vids on youtube this week and I was suitably impressed. She improves contantly and looks so self assured for such a little girl.

Really great job, and what a cutie.

She seriously has had such an amazing season. Way to go Juju! Abby loves watching her vids.

She is such an amazing little gymnast! I think her vaults are amazing! I cant wait to see her vaults over the table.

What an incredible year. Congrats!

I can't believe how big the meets are--168 Level 4's alone???? OMG!!! That seems sooo overwhelming!

Too funny... I thought that was pretty normal. I guess not :confused:

We are used to them being that size so its not a big deal. We do a couple small meets that have 30-40 L4's but most have at least 50-75 L4's. We also do several that have 160+ L4's. Tiger Paw, which is this weekend , will most likely have 250+ L4's competing among several sessions. :eek: It is such a fun meet!

Thank goodness Lilly LOVES to perform for a crowd! :D:D:D

Wow! Lilly is so talented! Her straight legs, feet/toes pointed and together, strength in all areas of her body, confidence, and lines are all fantastic. Way to go, Lilly! Keep going; I look forward to watching you succeed for years! :)

Way to go Lil!

We will be at Gatlinburg. Midget competes Sunday morning. :D

We will be at Gatlinburg. Midget competes Sunday morning. :D

How cool! Our Prep-Op Bronze girls will be in Midget's session. Lil does not compete until Monday morning :eek:. We seem to be getting some of the less desirable times for our last couple of meets. Are you from that general area or are you traveling? We have a 5 hour trip ahead of us tonight but we will get to relax & have fun Saturday & Sunday. We make a long weekend / mini vacation out of this meet.

I hate that we will not get to meet up... :( It would have been fun to get to meet Midget in person.

How cool! Our Prep-Op Bronze girls will be in Midget's session. Lil does not compete until Monday morning :eek:. We seem to be getting some of the less desirable times for our last couple of meets. Are you from that general area or are you traveling? We have a 5 hour trip ahead of us tonight but we will get to relax & have fun Saturday & Sunday. We make a long weekend / mini vacation out of this meet.

I hate that we will not get to meet up... :( It would have been fun to get to meet Midget in person.

I saw that Monday start time. I wish we were still going to be around but we have to leave Sunday night since I have to work Monday morning. We are coming from Nashville but my Dad lives in Knoxville so we are headed there tonight and then will be in Gatlinburg Saturday morning to watch our other girls and generally play.

...will be in Gatlinburg Saturday morning to watch our other girls and generally play.

Have fun playing while you are there. We are hoping for some fun on Saturday at the indoor water park that the condo/timeshare place has. Lil was sick for her most recent meet Sunday night and she is still struggling with a really bad congestion and cough. We will probably just chill on Sunday and try to get her rested up for Monday morning. If we end up over at the convention center on Sunday AM I will try to pick Midget out. Wish her good luck for us!!! :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back