Junior European's 2008

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

blantonnick

Coach
Judge
Ok just have to do it, I am predicting in advance the Great Britain Squad winning Junior European's this year. There, I said it, I feel better now:rolleyes:

This absolutely is not out of the question I think. The seniors absolutely wowed everyone with how well they did at Worlds last year. :)

when are the Jr Euros and will they be televised? where are they being held?

I've never really thought about the potential for our juniors to do so well this year. They are very talented, but I'd have never put them for a chance to win Jr. Euro's. We are very strong in the 1994 age group, but very weak in 1993 age group.

Is it 5 or 6 in a team? Danusia Francis (very good AA, esp. beam and floor), Nicole Hibbert (great vaulting potential, had 1.5TY age 12), Niamh Rippin (very good on floor, has 5.6/7 A score)) are probably locks for the team if healthy, and are all 1994 born. Jenny Pinches (1994) has a good shot, as well as Jordan Lipton(1993) but both have had lots of injury problems over the last few years. All the gymnasts mentioned have scored about 54.00 AA, some have gone close to 56.00 IIRC. If it is 6 for a team , I don't know who it would be! Katie Moffat has been picked for the GB team a few times, but she is slightly behind the others in difficulty.

GBs getting really good, I definately think they'll be top ten at Olympics next year!

Jordan Lipton is an amazing gymnast!!! And theres another girl whose name I can't remember for the life of me who has an amazing bars routine... Rianna or Riannon or something like that....

GBs getting really good, I definately think they'll be top ten at Olympics next year!

Jordan Lipton is an amazing gymnast!!! And theres another girl whose name I can't remember for the life of me who has an amazing bars routine... Rianna or Riannon or something like that....

You talk about Rhian Pugh, right?

Her bars was great indeed! :) Sadly she did have injury problems...and I am not sure but I think I have read somewhere she might have retired!?

Rhan injured herself at World in 2005, and has never competed full difficulty since. I think her most recent competition was the Rushmoor Rosebowl in October/November last year, where she just competed beam.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back