just a little goodluck boost...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

so, my DD first meet of the year is coming up in 2 weeks. Her coach was going to compete her level 4 (canada) this year - but that was back in Sept. Something happened in December (and we can't figure out what) and she was back to wanting spot on a back walkover?! We have registered for the meet as level 3 because that's what she competed last year and she is working really hard trying to get through this but I think she needs a little goodluck boost...just to get out of the rut...

Sending some good luck over from Quebec to BC.

Is she competing P3, does she have fears on her back tumbling or just on her BWO? It really is tough on the poor things when they develop fears.

Thanks for the good luck!

She will be competing P3 for this meet, but at this point she doesn't have any back tumbling on floor. She deals with fear issues quiet often but this time is the worst and longest lasting. She went from working P4 routines in Nov. to loosing pretty much all "back" moves in Dec. and her fly away and her giant...I have a very frusterated girl. Yesterday she got her flyaway back and was doing back handspring on floor...so she's working through it, it's just really hard to know how to help when she is crying into her breakfast in the morning because she's lost so much and she doesn't know why...

Oh, my heart goes out to you. How old is your DD? There is no easy answer for the "fear" issues. They all go through them to some degree. It's frustrating as a parent. Part of you wants to yell at them and the other part wants to snatch them out of gym and throw in the towel. The worst part is knowing regardless of how torn I felt, she felt 1000x worse. My DD deals with fears with "rituals" (not sure that's the right word). Most of them only things a mother would notice. Unwrapping and re-adjusting her grips 3 times each - she refuses to use the buckle grips - she told me once that the sound of the velcro comforts her. She also prays. I caught a photo of her a couple years ago. I think I upload to CB - It's my all time favorite photo of her.
So here you go....(((((((HUGS))))))))! Hang in there.

Good luck to your DD! We are dealing with "fear issues" with our older DD that is a cheerleader. She just decided one day that she couldn't do her robhs series. Stopped cold. We have her back doing a standing bhs and hopefully in time the rest will follow. Her coach insists that we make it no big deal. It is sooo frustrating though. I hope your DD tackles that fear issue and has an awesome meet! Sending good luck wishes and bwo fairies your way!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back