Parents Just feeling blessed.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LindyHopper

Proud Parent
Short Stack turned 11 on Monday, and she didn't have practice until last night. My husband took video of her teammates digging a depression in the pit by the beams, her teammates singing to her, one teammate pushing her off beam into the pit, and her teammates burying her in pit foam.

The reason I feel blessed is that every single one of the girls (ages 10-13) on that Level 5 team is a good kid. There are no mean girls, and they all genuinely support each other.

As I said in a post in one of the social groups, floor, this past Friday, felt like I was at a college meet. Both Short Stack and one of her teammates have been struggling with their ROBHSBT all season. They both finally landed them with good body position during competition. Both times, their team went wild.

I feel blessed because I know how good we've got it. I've read so many stories here of mean girls and bullying. Maybe I am just feeling sentimental, but I wanted to share.

I am sad, because I know that several of the older girls may not continue to optionals because of other interests. It will be sad to see this wonderful group of girls split up.

It's a great feeling, right? We've got the same thing going on at our gym with a bunch of kids and parents in level 3/4 who truly care about each other and support each other. A month or two ago, my 9 year old came out of bed a half an hour after bedtime because she forgot to tell me at teammate got her kip. I have videos of my DD getting skills and you can hear the parents erupt in cheers in the waiting area. Recently a teammate has been struggling with some backwards fears and the girls have been so supportive of her. We are planning on moving soon and I know the transition is going to be tough on both of us. I keep telling her she'll love her new teammates, too, but deep down I wonder if it will be the same.

Anyway, didn't mean to make it about me, but I just wanted to say I get it! And we've both been really blessed!

my dd is on a great level 6 team this year as well. i've got all fingers and toes crossed they all go to 7 together but that may not happen. our gym is a friendly gym though. one reason why i never looked elsewhere. the parents are nice, the kids are nice.... no one thinks they are going to the olympics. lol. like all gyms it has it's quirks but for the most part, the atmosphere is positive and one i want my kid in.

so glad you've had a great year!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back