Just finished a new video for my little gym monkey!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Very cute! You can tell that she is having lots of fun by the huge permanent smile on her face:D

She is adorable and has talent for sure. I had a few panic attacks and am glad to see she has not seriously been injured yet with some of her home activities when she was younger! Some of the things she was doing seriously made me nervous! I kept waiting for her head to go through the glass ceiling!!!

26 seconds. she jumps off the car onto the mattress. when she jumps, the car lurches backwards (so i guess the "coach" didn't notice the car has wheels and for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction if the car is not held down) and away from the child. she's lucky she made the mattress edge. and i'm not even going to get started. and the mom purports to be a coach. nobody that i know in our sport that has their own children in gymnastics. maybe a coach in X games or such. geesh...i sincerely hope your child reaches age 7. :(

edited: i think this is the same kid who did the lay out step that wasn't a layout step and i warned about doing this at her age. if so, history will only repeat itself so much longer...

I had the SAME reaction after watching her jump off the moving car onto the mattress as well :(. Cam is adorable and is talented, but I was concerned seeing her doing back walkovers and back handsprings at age 4, and working giants and twisting just recently at age 5. I know that you are a coach, but that does not justify any kid trying these skills at such a young age. Just my two cents.

**My original first thought was to post a simple "YIKES" but decided to be a little more elaborate.

Very cute for sure (except for some of that crazy stuff at home), but I do question why they are working back walkovers on beam when she is clearly not ready for them, back tuck dismounts on beam, and giants when she doesn't have a kip....? Just a little confused on what the rush is here.

WOW! Entertained? Yes, very much. Wishing the same? Not so much. Just like watching the circus (or as a stretch, any of these jackaXX shows).

First of all...

I have three kids... Cam being the middle child. The video of her jumping off the car was taken by a family member when I was 1,000 miles away, sick and pregnant with #3, while my husband took my other two home to visit family. I had a heart attack when I was emailed the video 4 years ago. Much as I have repeatedly had since this child could walk. Unless you have met her, you have no idea. She is blessed enough to have two parents, so please understand I do not walk around with a video camera attached to my hand videoing everything she does.

Second: After having my youngest I took a leave of absence from coaching. Cam was working with other coaches until summer 2010. All of the harder skills you see her trying are for fun with her coaches, with a spot. They were like rewards for working hard on perfecting the skills that are more tedious for a young gymnast to learn. Like the clip on bars doing giants: SHe had a private working kips and front hip circles. I was called from the other gym to watch her (with a heavy spot) try kip, cast hs, giant. Do you see the grip he has on her? It was tried twice, and was as much fun for her coach as it was for her. Same with the tuck dm on beam.

These are not skills she trains/trained on a daily basis. She works more on basics than anything else, just like the other girls in her level. Perfecting her pivot turn on beam, full turn on floor, straight leg bh's, etc. I go out of my way to avoid working her exept on choreography, as she works much better with other coaches than with me, and vice versa. You have no idea the amount of dedication and effort I put into my gym, team girls, and family. By posting a video of my daughter growing over the years, it gives you about a .05% look at our lives.

Do I think my daughter is AMAZING? Heck yeah I do. I think it's amazing how every day when she gets home from school she waters the spot where she planted her apple seed waiting for a tree to grow. I think it's amazing that she is learning to read and can read an entire short book on her own. Yes, I also think it's amazing that she has such natural athletic ability and is progressing well in gymnastics. So I will not apologize for calling her amazing. She is amazing in every way, just like my boys.

i'm sure you're a great mom. then you're saying that the man on his knees at the mattress edge is your husband? well then, you should edit that part out as it makes him look stupid. so you say you almost had a heart attack when you saw that, so you know that was reckless. so why would you want to make your husband look stupid??

all children are amazing in their own right. but c'mon...:)

This goes back to a previous video thread - you are a coach and by posting these snippets, you are essentially confining them. It doesn't matter whether you were there or not. It is one thing to make a video for you private files to share with your dd when she is older and to show her what a stunt person she was but it's completely different to place it on gymnastics forum for the gym world to see. again, it goes back to accountability. I certainly would hope you, as a coach, would be appalled if a parent showed you this video, showing off that stunt in particular. I think we all just question the appropriateness of the videos, particularly coming from a coach.

This is nothing against your little one. I have seen other videos of her and she is talented. But the reality is that there are many girls her age who could do a layout if given the opportunity. The difference is that most coaches wouldn't allow that type of training at such a young age and would not permit it in a bronze level meet.

This goes back to a previous video thread - you are a coach and by posting these snippets, you are essentially confining them.

That should have said "condoning", not confining. That's what I terror using a 4in screen to type.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

She is a SICK talent! I'm not getting into questioning your coaching or parenting. Other people can judge that if they're so inclined; I refuse to define you from a few seconds of home video. What I will say is that Cameron is easily a 1-in-1,000 talent (probably add some zeros). Best luck as she continues!!!

Thanks Cbone! She is working hard everyday to catch up to the "big girls". She wants to be one so badly :) For now she just loves being in the gym and that's enough for me.
Take care! All the best! xoxo

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back