Parents Just need an outlet about warm up

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jaclyn

Coach
Proud Parent
I just need an "outlet" about my dds warm up "issues." She is in the mommy and me for a few more months and has a different coach on each day.

The one coach she does very well in warm up sitting with me and follows directions ect and she likes her very much, but she is not as challenging throughout class, and the other coach she absolutely loves and yet, she does NOT do warm up unless she is sitting with the coach (by my dds choice.) The coach is always challenging her throughout the class and she seems to love the positive reactions out of the coach and herself.

She lays limp like a noodle on the floor in front of me unless she can sit with this coach during warm up and "show everyone the warm up." She is a very challenging coach which I think is why my dd connects with her. The other coach is more of a laid back, fun type of coaching style.

The rest of the class is always a breeze with no issues what so ever, but I cant for the life of me figure out what the difference is in the warm ups. She is still very young, yes, but its just hard to have an amazing day with her walking the beam by herself, learning her front support and then wrap my mind around her not being able to sit and straddle like all the other kids. Maybe she thinks warm up is boring with that coach? Any words of encouragement or similar stories would be great :) I just wanted a place to share! Thanks everyone and good luck to all little gymmies everywhere competing this weekend!

I would just think that it is her age and let it go. She is pretty young, and at that age, they are quite inconsistent in their behavior and reactions to others. i would say to just let her have fun and as long as what she is doing isn't disruptive to the class, then let it be ;) have fun, and enjoy the ride.

Class is before her nap. Early in the morning :) but thanks everyone. I guess I won't think about it any more!

I teach parent tot classes. Completely normal.
Many little ones do not like the warm up and stretching and can't wait to get on the equipment.

If there was any way to know what they were possibly thinking or why they do the things they do, my life would be way easier. Maybe she's bored or maybe she just doesn't like the warm up. Maybe she realizes it bothers you and is testing you. Who knows. If she does the rest I would just make sure her behavior is not disruptive (remind her disruptive behavior will be removed), completely ignore non disruptive laying down behavior, and praise the behavior you want specifically (oh, what a great seal pose! I bet you can't hold it longer than me! Wow, you can!).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back