DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
Audra and I just finished watching "Stick It". It's a movie that really grows on you. Parts of it ring true to the wonderful world of gymnastics. Overall, I liked it, I'll give it a 9.8.;)

Maybe "The Chalk Bucket" and "Leotard Crazy" will get big enough to get some promo shots in the next gymnastics movie.

stick it

My 5 year old dtr LOVED the movie (although parts of it went right over her head) she wanted to watch way-way's(no idea how to spell her name) beam routine over and over. And all she wanted for christmas was an ipod - which we had to put Way-Way's beam song on!

I always talk about Ariana Berlins floor routine...Way-Ways beam routine is just like it. Ariana actually competes a floor routine like this for UCLA.

i've watched it ten times or more! Most of Wei Wei's beam routine was perfromed on a balance beam that was one foot wide, compared to the standard 4 inches.

That`s an interesting fact! I had no idea about that...
I really enjoy the movie also and got it on DVD for my birthday. :)

I am so annoyed. I have the movie lying in the house here. I bought it when I was visiting a friend on an American Army Base in Germany. Was really looking forward to see it, but my DVD won't take American DVD.
rant.gif
rant.gif
rant.gif

Some day I hope to see the movie.

That's stinks. After you watch it once normal, watch w/the commentary by the director, Missy(hailey), and Vanessa(Joanne). It's fascinating. They had to train for months in advance, six hours a day b/c they had to look like thier doubles.

What sucks about my DVD is, that I have the German version of it. So the whole movie is in German.
The bad thing is, that all the extras are missing from this DVD version! :( I really wanted to see those, and I`m therefore unable to watch the comments...:(

Stick it is my life! I'll watch it with my non gym friends and they always yell at me because I can recite every line with the people in the movie and I do. They hate that. I don't know why they would. lol.

I was pretty biased against this movie when it came out. Not only because it was from the same people as Bring It On but because, I'm a guy. I was far more interested in a Peaceful Warrior at the time. Not that I could probably get any of my gymnasts to watch that.

My dad being the big gymnastics fan actually saw it when it was in the theatres. I was supposed to see it with our compulsories but that event fell through ( which I was somewhat glad it did ). My dad, though a guy, was a former gymnast in the bronze age, and has always loved watching men's and women's gymnastics ( which I lamented as a kid on Saturday mornings - cartoons! )

However, I did watch it a few months ago; and I'll have to admit I enjoyed it. That gave my roomates a few weird looks at me. Rather fun and it had a better plot and storyline than I gave it credit for ( as in actually having a purpose but maybe I'm just biased against Bring It On and cheer ).

In it, where some good points that thinking from the POV of my girls, made me think it was really worthwhile to watch.

Peaceful Warrior is amazing! The book is even better. I read the sequel as well as the prequel. The prequel is "The Journeys of Socrates" and tell all about the life of Dan's teacher, from his birth until he ends up at the service station. It was one of the best books I've ever read.

My dd (L-6, age 12) LOVES the movie and so do I. Her brother next to her, has seen it and enjoys watching the tricks. Maybe Friday night is a good time for Movie night, pizza, rootbeer floats and "Stick It"! :D

I am so annoyed. I have the movie lying in the house here. I bought it when I was visiting a friend on an American Army Base in Germany. Was really looking forward to see it, but my DVD won't take American DVD.
rant.gif
rant.gif
rant.gif

Some day I hope to see the movie.
Itunes, m'dear! $9.99 I love the "Who died and made you Nadia?" line.

I took my daughter too see "Stick it" when it was released, then she got the movie when a it was released. Her copy is worn out already from watching it so much. She likes to watch Nastia's individual routines in the credits. It was well worth the money. I gave the movie a 10!

My daughter and her teammates seem to watch "Stick It" before nearly every meet, especially the ones that require a road trip. I have to admit it is a guilty pleasure of mine as well. It also inspires me to work out! My only complaint about the movies is that for quite a while after it came out, a lot of the girls were doing the Haley rocker salute at awards rather than their usual. I really wanted to tell them how "old school" that is and that their parents probably did that at concerts back in the day!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back