KC gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I

iceskater

So I have decided to start gymnastics and am in need of some advice. I live in the Lee's Summit/Kansas City area and have no clue what gyms are good. I know there are several around us but I don't know which are good and which are bad. I have looked at there websites but, It's hard to tell from a website. Any advice? Thanks!

I do not know that area but if i were you i would definitely email or call the gyms that you have looked at to find out as much as you can about them and their programs. Most gyms will be more than willing to help you out. Tell them the situation you are in: your age, skill level, the type of program you are interested in, the amount of time you want to train, etc. Being able to actually talk to the clubs will probably help you out a lot. A lot of gyms will also let you watch the class you are interested in beforehand and possibly even attend the class once to decide if it is a good fit (this may only be for competitive).

Also obviously make sure you pick a gym that is a good commuting distance for you.

Good luck with your gym search!

i go to emerald city gymnastics in kansas city and i love it the owner is real nice and will help you with getting what classes are right for you! and the have a free trial for your first class!

I am not from the KC area, but my daughter does compete against KC gyms on a regular basis. Some of the gyms with good reputations for putting out good gymnasts are KGDC (Kansas Gym Dance and Cheer), McCrackens and Emerald City. GAGE has the reputation of producing good gymnasts, but some have said that they don't treat their gymnasts as well as I would want my daughter treated (how's that for diplomacy?).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back