Keeping whole team at same level

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

It does not sound like your gym has the best interest in mind for their gymnasts. I know at my daughters gym they do not care how many girls our in each level. At her last meet of the season one of the girls was taken out of her level to test out leaving them with only 2 gymnasts who never be able to place as a team. Although disappointing this was in the best interest of these gymnast to move forward so she could skip a level. Eventhough the communication is difficult I know if you have words with the coaches they would not punish your child. That is crazy to make them do the tumbletrack. By the way I think your daughters score at states was good they are only required to get a 31 to move on. If your gym coaches really feel your daughter will do better as an optional why are they making it longer for her to get there.

I got up my nerve and spoke to our coach. She wants better connections on her free hip circle. Other than that she is ready. I imagine a few parents will push it and those individuals will move up. We still have a few weeks before our first meet so I am going to stay on top of it. I really want to thank you all. I don't think I would have had the nerve to ask without your encouragement.

Good for you, it is quite freeing when you find the courage to deal with these issues! Keep in touch and let us know how it goes.

I got up my nerve and spoke to our coach. She wants better connections on her free hip circle. Other than that she is ready. I imagine a few parents will push it and those individuals will move up. We still have a few weeks before our first meet so I am going to stay on top of it. I really want to thank you all. I don't think I would have had the nerve to ask without your encouragement.

Makes sense- I think judging is really tough on level six and what looks like a great routine to a fan can come up with a mediocre score because the connections aren't clean, the gymnast hesitates, the cast is not high enough. I even learned that there is different interpretation among judges as to whether the cast is high enough based on where the pointed toes are vs where the shins are if the feet are flexed.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back