Kellogg's tour

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

wallinbl

Proud Parent
Has anyone gone? Is it worth the ticket price, or do they just do lower level skills? We have been underwhelmed by the dual ice skating/gymnastic type events that get televised, but since this tour will be coming to our area, we are curious if it is worth going to.

I went to the 2008 one and it was one of the best nights of my life!! It is a VERY well done show. I found that they really do, do the harder tricks. As well as some cool dance moves, especially from the guys!

I already have tickets for this year.

I did end up doing the meet and greet last year, somehow the people I were with got passes at the last minute.
It was very cool and I still have everyone sign that bag.
But, is it worth an extra $100 just to go down a line where the gymnasts sit behind a table and they shove you along so fast you can't even get a picture. Not to me. But if you want to shove out that money just for autographs. Don't let me detour you. But just warning you that you don't get to talk to them, or really even get pictures with them.

Also, check with your club for tickets!! My club sold them and I got a $30 discount on the tickets!!

I was underwhelmed by the experince in 2008. It was very theatrical and I didn't think that they were doing any hard skills. I was disappointed and will not be buying tickets this time. My DD who lives and breathes gymnastics wasn't impressed either.

It's a great "show" if that's what you are looking for but if you are looking for a gymnastics exposition, this really isn't it.

On the positive side, if you want to see gymnastic stars in person the tour should deliver. Jordan, Nastia and Chellsie Memmel are all confirmed. I think, Aly and McKayla are confirmed too. As a cautionary note, Nastia never seems to do much in exhibitions and few performers are listed on the tour website.

I was underwhelmed by the experince in 2008. It was very theatrical and I didn't think that they were doing any hard skills. I was disappointed and will not be buying tickets this time. My DD who lives and breathes gymnastics wasn't impressed either.

It's a great "show" if that's what you are looking for but if you are looking for a gymnastics exposition, this really isn't it.

I thought it was a neat "Show" too, but wasn't impressed with the level of skills, but it was fun to see the rhythmic and men's stuff. The men's skills did seem to be more advanced to me. We also had seats in the nosebleed section, so it was hard to see some of the stuff. However, one of the coolest things was the Q&A session before the show, which was open to the area gymnastics clubs. The girls (Nastia, Shawn, and I can't remember who else) fielded questions from the audience. That was actually a neat experience. Also, a level 10 gymnast from our club performed her floor routine as part of the show and so she got to hang out and warm-up with all the gymnasts.

Actually, you are right about the Q&A session. That's the only part that my DD remembers because someone asked how to get Shaun's autograph and she came out and gave it to them. But that alone doesn't justify the price for my DD. I asked her if she wanted to go this year and she shook her head no. She was much more excited to go to the Secret Classic in May where she knew she'd see actual routines.

I thought the guys were actually the best part of the show last time. They seemed to be having fun.

No, you won't see alot of Olympic level routines, but it was fun. I also thought the guys put on the best show with tumbling and high bar.

Just want to straighten something out.

Keep in mind, you are not going to an elite meet. Or a gymnastics meet at all.
They aren't going to do their olympic routines.

You're going to a choreographed show. I thought it was fun and exciting and well done in 2008.
But yes, it is a show not a meet.

I have tickets to go this year. We got a discount since we are taking the entire team (and then some!), so tickets only cost me under $40 which I didn't mind paying for. We also get to have a couple gymnasts from our club perform before the show, so I don't know which I'm more excited about!

I thought it was a neat "Show" too, but wasn't impressed with the level of skills, but it was fun to see the rhythmic and men's stuff. The men's skills did seem to be more advanced to me. We also had seats in the nosebleed section, so it was hard to see some of the stuff. However, one of the coolest things was the Q&A session before the show, which was open to the area gymnastics clubs. The girls (Nastia, Shawn, and I can't remember who else) fielded questions from the audience. That was actually a neat experience. Also, a level 10 gymnast from our club performed her floor routine as part of the show and so she got to hang out and warm-up with all the gymnasts.

We went to that show too and I totally agree...the Q&A and men's stuff was the coolest part. The women's skills were not the "real" skills they use in competition, and since we went to the Visas and saw them actually compete...it just didn't compare to that at all! Still debating on whether we are going back this year.

I guess it depends what level and age your gymnast is...the little ones will really like it but the older (and usually upper level) ones might be less enthralled. We went in 2008 and ,as another poster put it, were underwhelmed but someone else did point out it is a show, and not a meet. If you're looking to see high level skills, get tickets to VISAs next year but if you're looking to see this year's Olympians, buy tickets to this show!!

We had cheap seats in 2008, sat way up high. This time I'm going to plunk down $ to have a better view of the show. Last time, DD was able to get a couple of autographs before the show, didn't cost extra.

Just got my tickets for PB and I! I totally missed the gym ones a few months back (we had JUST switched to that gym and I didn't know about it until it was too late). I ended up being able to get really nice seats right in front of one section (not the million dollar seats, lol). PB is only 6 and on pre-team, anything higher than like a level 6 really impresses her ;) I really hope Nastia is able to be there because PB recognizes her and will enjoy it. Although my then she'll be more familiar with this year's Olympic team, so it'll be fun regardless.

I have tickets to go this year. We got a discount since we are taking the entire team (and then some!), so tickets only cost me under $40 which I didn't mind paying for. We also get to have a couple gymnasts from our club perform before the show, so I don't know which I'm more excited about!

A few of our high level girls are performing too. I think that's a really cool opportunity for them.

In many cities they also get local elites/L10s to do something(usually a floor routine) right after intermission so that can be fun to see.

We went in 2008 and as others have said, it's a show not a meet. But a chance for the girls to see their favorite gymnasts. We've also been to Visa's and clearly, a whole different ball game!

We are going when they come to town this fall and I'm sure it will be a good show again.

As for getting autographs, if I recall correctly, they came out after and signed things. I think before there was a preshow QA thing but maybe that was after too. I think we got to stay because we got tickets through our gym.

Worth the money to go if your daughter wants to, I think!

I went in 2008 and I thought it was great! It might not be Olympic caliber routines, but it's still a really fun show.

Does anyone know what the local athletes will be doing? Our gym may have a few in the show, but no one knows if they are actually doing skills or just marching in?

If they do the local athletes like they did in 2008 they do a floor routine.
They do it smack dab in the middle of the show ('Intermission')
At our show there was 2 7 year old level 7's that did a cute routine together.
And 2 local elites did a fun routine together.

Although I've heard from others that sometimes gym's will just have 1 kid do their competition routine.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back