Kellogs Tour of Gymnastics Superstars - No Gabby, Kyla and McKayla?!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymSurvivor

Coach
Gymnast
So I just heard from a couple people that Gabby, Kyla and McKayla will only be doing 'some' of the stops?! Why wouldn't they tell people this before!
They haven't released which stops they'll be at.
Ugh.

I mean I know those three are terribly young and still in highschool. Still frustrating though haha.

Hope they are in my city!!

I knew about Kyla, she is keeping her ablity to compete NCAA so not getting paid for the tour.

I knew kyla was only doing some because she is back in school. so she was only going to do the ones close to where she lives. so probably only socal. but i didnt know that mckayla and gabby were only doing some also.

McKayla hardly actually did anything -- they don't have vault as part of the show

Well apparently she has not only an injured toe but also a fractured fibula? So I suppose she can't be expected to do too much until she heals up.

Did Jordyn do anything special either? I can't imagine her stress fracture has healed this quickly.

Either way, I have my tickets and I'm excited to see it when it comes to the east coast!

The Couch Gymnast has a post up reporting that McKayla and Aly have been fairly seriously injured on the tour, both on falls from the UB. :( There's a picture of McKayla being carried off the floor and apparently Aly took a pretty bad crash and might have landed partially off the mats. Scary!

USAG is saying Aly bruised her knees, but will be back on tour. McKayla was being evaluated for a possible left knee/left leg injury and it isn't known when she'll be back.

It seems a little crazy to me. I can see why the older "retired" girls - Nastia,ASac,Chelsie, etc - would want to do the tour. And I can see why the current stars who have already gone pro - Gabby,Aly,Jordon, etc - would want to do it. But if I were the parent of one of the younger girls - Sarah Finnegan, Kyla Ross, Sabrina Vega, Elizabeth Price - who are doing it as volunteers, I would not want them doing it and risking injury. These girls are likely going to make up the next few World Championship teams and possibly even the next Olympic team. Why is USA Gymnastics risking them getting injured?

Some (most?) of the elligible gymnasts are only doing a few stops. I can undestand doing it in your home town and nearby cities for the fun of it and the applause. They don't often get a chance to show off for a local audience.

The guys were definitely more impressive than the girls. Some cool stuff on p-bars, high bar, and floor.

OK, someone has to say this - I hope someone out there in USAG land thinks this was worth it. I went to the "show" after the last olympics and came away with the feeling of "meh". If an athlete is done with thier competitive career OK, but if an athlete still has the competition bug this "show" is frankly too risky. There are other ways to showcase our Olympic champions without putting them in an arena and doing gymnastics in the dark or with bright spotlights shining in thier eyes. Just crazy!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back