Killer Practice

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We had like this horrible practice today. We had to do like sooo much conditioning! We did like sucicides, and jumping jacks on the resi( its like 32 inches I think?). Lets just say everyone limped home!

HAHA! Please share your killer practice ever! I wouldn't say this one was the worst one ever but comes close!!!

Sounds like a good workout to me! I LOVE to drag myself home and wake up sore the next morning. That's how I know I've gotten a good workout.

haha oh man. That sort of reminds me of this one practice I had a while ago... my teammate and I always had a bad habit of being 4-5 minutes late for practice, and we always had good excuses, neither of us drove and we couldn't' control our transporation...except on saturday mornings, where we were still late.

haha this particular saturday, he just snapped. We got there and he was waiting for us with crossed arms. We always got there at the same time for some strange reason and sprinted into the gym. He had prepared like 4 sheets of conditioning for us and we conditioned for the whole practice--4 hours. It was craziness. We were so sore. haha

needless to say, neither of us were ever late on saturday mornings again.

The night I broke my ankle was pretty bad lol. But the worst was when we did vault and conditioning ALL NIGHT LONG......

I was so sore getting into the car to go home was agony lol.

Conditioning a ton has never bothered me. I know that it helps. Maybe that's why I like track...those workouts are so crazy!

i had a pretty killer practice last night... it started all right, but then when we were on vault mine weren't to good, so i stayed longer on it while everyone else went to bars. so i vaulted for about 20 minutes BY MYSELF!! and then my coach decided that there wasnt' time to get to bars before conditioning, so i TUMBLED BY MYSELF for another 20 minutes! it was so tiring!!!!!!

I cant really remember the worst practice ive had as a gymnast!

but my gymnasts told me they were in agony after counting down in 5's from doing 100 sit ups
100,95,90,85,80,75,70 and so on

its strange, they seem to find it amusing not being able to move!!

I can't remember a specific practice that was all around brutal.

However, a few years ago two weeks before the end of summer I hurt my wrist and couldn't do anying on it for the rest of the summer. But of course I didn't want to waste my last two 15 hour weeks before returning to my usual 3 hours per week of training. I would come into the gym every day and would spend the vast majority of the time doing stomach conditioning. Needless to say I was very sore, but on the plus side I got killer abs. :)

Also the summer before that I ripped the second week and then proceded to rip 10 more times that summer (9 of which were in the same spot). In an efort to give my hands some healing time I mostly didn't do bars until about the middle of August. I would usually go on bars once or twice a week (convinced that my rip was healed enough to do bars) just long enough to rip again, which usually before I was done my chin-ups. I the rest of our daily bars time doing mostly p-bar dips and handstand push-ups. I had really strong arms by the end of the summer. :p

i can't really remember 1 specifically BAD workout.
there was one where we went to another gym to workout because it had a lot of pits (a lot of gyms go to this gym to work out) and i had hurt my leg so while everyone was on all the other events i was on bars for 5 HOURS. i think my hands were raw

there was one where we were at that same gym and this girl landed on her head on a double, then this other girl tripped and broke her arm, a girl peeled off the bar on a clear hip, then i forgot one of my wrist bands so my coach sent me home because he has anger management issues (im not with that gym anymore). it was ridiculous.

there was another where at conditioning my coach (anger management issue man) decided that we weren't strong enough and that we needed to be stronger and leaner. so he made us run for 30 mins. then we did these ridiculous push up things were we had to do a push up on his count and hold the position. then we did about 500 sit ups. then we would run and then sprint and run and then sprint and run and then sprint, until he said stop. it was brutal and one girl basically puked.

I remember when I was a newly minted level five, my coach set up a conditioning obstacle course on the floor.

Push-up walks part way down on side, where there was a gush and we had to do 5 straddle jumps, then push-up walk to the corner, to do ten pushups. Then push-up walk down to the next side to a hollow hold station, push-up walk to the next corner, 15 triangle push ups and 5 clap push ups, push-up walk to some other thing I can't remember, something else in the last corner, and then push-up walk the last leg of the floor where there was a beam and we had to caterpillar walk all the way down which brought us back to the beginning. We had to go around 5 times, and we couldn't come down and if we did everyone had to start over that lap. It sucked big time plus this was at the end of a three hour practice.

I remember there was a group that was done at seven thirty and they went first, but they were all the really strong sixes, and I wasn't leaving until eight, and there was another girl with me who I really didn't like, and I remember having to start over a lot and then she was crying and I really really didn't like my coach that day.

My killer practice!

hey! dont worry about your practices! We have to like 3 sets of 15 straddle jumps on the resie matt!!!! ya, tose things are big! haha! so where are you from? im from SD! WE have state this weekend! omg im sooooooo nervous!

my killer practice

the hards practies i have ever had was when the owner of are gym conditioned us for 3 hours straight:eek:

there was another where at conditioning my coach (anger management issue man) decided that we weren't strong enough and that we needed to be stronger and leaner. so he made us run for 30 mins. then we did these ridiculous push up things were we had to do a push up on his count and hold the position. then we did about 500 sit ups. then we would run and then sprint and run and then sprint and run and then sprint, until he said stop. it was brutal and one girl basically puked.

That sounds a lot like my track practices!

i think the worst workouts i have is when they make us do full gym conditioning when my legs hurt (i have a lot of problems with the one and we aren't sure what's wrong) but the full gym cond. isn't as bad as some of you guys wow. we just have to jump all the beams, butt scoots (straddle with feet off the ground and using arms to scoot backwards) across the floor, pushup walks down the vault runway, 10 tuck jumps on the resi, 10 push up then straight jumps, 10 handstand shoulder touch things, and scissors on bars. then we go around like 3 times.

i think they need to have practices that are mandatory that are just conditioning honestsly.. i think it does no good to condition hardcore like that after practices because the conditioning is sloppy and doesn't strengthen anything because it's not even done correctly the girls are so tired. and when we condition before practice, the practice isbad and sloppy because they're tired from conditioning.

haha there are just sometimes when the coaches go PHYSCO!

during abs the one girl was like I don't care if you cheat. its your stomach not mine haha

My oldest guy has been asking me to give him harder conditioning workouts.

I'm dead serious.

I told him that starting this summer, I'll invite him in to join me whenever I come in to condition.

[/quote]

hahah we did a lot of conditioning then we had to go vault after that and we were all like bring the trash can over im gonna puke so this one girl goes and brings the trash can over to vault so we just have it over there and our coach was like what? but we were like yeah were gonna puke from the conditioning . she just laughed at us lol

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back