Parents Kim Zmeskal Ozone leotards

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mommyo2az

Coach
Proud Parent
Judge
I wanted to get my DD one of the Zmeskal ozone leotards for the holidays. Apparently I need to order by 10/2 for shipping by 12/11! We have never had an Ozone leotard, can anyone provide guidance on fit? I have read they run small and are cut weird, LOL. My DD is a CL in GK because mostly of her long torso. Thanks!!

I love the competitive leotards but all the great ones ive seen are not on the website!
Are these only made for TD?

Look carefully at their sizing chart- they have 'competition' and 'practice' sizing- competition sizing is quite second akin/tight. My kiddo fit right within the child small 'competition' fit and it's snug enough it leaves red marks on her skin.

My dd has had 2 Ozone leos as the gymnast gift from competitions. THey were both way to small as the coaches ordered the size they usually get. She has one now that is a size up and she says it is very comfortable.

Yes, my DD has 2 tank Leos that are from UK gymnastics camps, and the child large fits perfectly, whereas she needs a child medium in comp leo and her other child larges (from GK mostly) definitely have room to grow into.

Reactions: sce
Yes, my DD has 2 tank Leos that are from UK gymnastics camps, and the child large fits perfectly, whereas she needs a child medium in comp leo and her other child larges (from GK mostly) definitely have room to grow into.
hmmm...there is big size difference between the ozone adult xs and child large! I buy mostly gk child larges and they are quite roomy! I have no idea what I should get! DD doesn't exactly like to wait to grow into things!

I will say I buy mostly child large GK just because I'm cheap! She has room a couple
more years in most of those. We bought an Aly GK leo in child medium in the summer of 2015 and it really just now fits well. But the 2 Ozone child large are perfect fits. She got one in summer 2016 so it was a tag big then but fits well now. DD is 8, 49 inches and 50lbs. Standard muscular but small build...but not tiny

I will say I buy mostly child large GK just because I'm cheap! She has room a couple
more years in most of those. We bought an Aly GK leo in child medium in the summer of 2015 and it really just now fits well. But the 2 Ozone child large are perfect fits. She got one in summer 2016 so it was a tag big then but fits well now. DD is 8, 49 inches and 50lbs. Standard muscular but small build...but not tiny
Oh boy, my dd is 53” and 67 lbs / I am thinking adult xs now for sure!

Ozone leo sizing is comparable to GK, and my daughter thinks her Ozones are the best ones. But why are you getting a KZ design? I'm sorry, but they are not attractive. I'll stop there. There are so many prettier ones in the regular collections.

E014D798-1D36-49E1-A12B-99DC0C6BBF90.png
Ozone leo sizing is comparable to GK, and my daughter thinks her Ozones are the best ones. But why are you getting a KZ design? I'm sorry, but they are not attractive. I'll stop there. There are so many prettier ones in the regular collections.
Dd ❤️ this one. I think it’s the best of the bunch.

I would say it depends on how old your DD is and how she is built. My little teeny 5-7yos love the Ozone leos we use as practice leos (and they look good on them). ALL (and I do mean all!) our slightly older team girls 9-up) HATE the Ozone team practice leos we had a couple of years ago. They describe them as the "butt creeping leos". They are racerback and super small in the neckopening too, like the girls have to really pull and tug to even get them on. Our Xcel team uses them for comp leos because they are inexpensive but they are definitely weirdly cut in the bottom, and I don't much care for the armscye on the long sleeved ones either.
We will not use Ozone for our regular JO team anymore, but again, for the really little girls they are totally OK.

View attachment 6894
Dd ❤️ this one. I think it’s the best of the bunch.
LoL! Its the one we all dislike the most. And by all, I mean all the moms sitting around waiting for practice to get over. :p We dissected the leotards right after the P&Gs to kill time while we waited. But to each their own. I know they will sell because Ragan was wearing them, but otherwise, I find them all cringe-worthy, except the pink one that has a white flower-type starburst design, almost like tie-dyed. I can live with that one.

Reactions: sce
LoL! Its the one we all dislike the most. And by all, I mean all the moms sitting around waiting for practice to get over. :p We dissected the leotards right after the P&Gs to kill time while we waited. But to each their own. I know they will sell because Ragan was wearing them, but otherwise, I find them all cringe-worthy, except the pink one that has a white flower-type starburst design, almost like tie-dyed. I can live with that one.
Lol, I found the pink one the most frightening (eek the back!). Glad we don’t have to wear them! Lol, I decided to hold off anyway because sizing is a mystery and I don’t want to pay big $$ and have it not fit!

My dd has only recently tried ozone and while she wants to love it because of the super soft stretchy fabric, the cut is indeed weird and very small. She is 10 and not particularly short - so probably falls into the older girl problem mentioned above.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back