WAG Knee braces an level 7 question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

BouncingCzech

Proud Parent
I have a two part question and I hope that is okay?! I don’t post often but I’m grateful to be able find support in reading the same situations we have at home.

Our orthopedic doc said she does not have Osgood Schlatter’s but has a tracking issue with knee and therefore she wants her to brace up until pain subsides but we have tried so many braces and cannot find good support that also stays put! Any suggestions for awesome knee braces?

Dear daughter is level 7 USAG and all of a sudden is struggling with mental blocks and having trouble with her giants and is now afraid to do them. She witnessed a dear friend suffer an awful injury while doing a giant so now she is freaked. Her coach said for now in a few competitions she can do a cast to handstand instead or there are some alternatives (and forgive me if I’m confusing the language….. former rugby player of ten years and trying to study dear daughter’s sport and she says I still keep forgetting no matter how many You Tubes I watch…. She gets a skill and I Google it:) but I was under assumption that giant is mandated for L7 competition?? Grateful Mom!:) TIA:)

Giants are not required in level 7 — there are other options to fill that requirement. Giants are just the most common used (and some teams/coaches require them even though the rules don’t).

As to awesome knee braces for tracking issues, hopefully someone will have found a miracle one. We never did and I have a closet full of the ones we tried. Tracking is hard to brace because it really depends on where the knee cap is moving so you need a brace that will hold the knee cap in the correct position for your daughter's situation.

Thank you all. I have a closet full of braces as well so sorry to hear you have same issue:( I just sprung for the Bauerfeind so I am going to look for a second job now and wait for hubby to blow his gasket:) I’m joking because of course I’m willing to pay so she is not in pain and is protected but holy moly they are pricey. I will update if they were worth it or maybe someone here has tried them and I can ship them right back?! Ugh. Thanks again:)

Yes totally agree bogwoppit! She goes to an orthopedic doc and she gave her exercises and we need to start cracking down on doing her exercises more often! Thank you so much!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back