Parents knee OCD

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Tiffany

Proud Parent
So my 14 year old daughter just had to have her second surgery for Osteochondrital Dicessans. First it was in her left, then it was her right knee. The surgeon acts like this is one in a million and when I ask the root cause, she (or anyone) doesn’t know exactly. My question is..has anyone had experience with this condition? I’m thinking once she stops growing everything will be stronger? She does homeschool because of how much she wants to do this sport….just wish I could get answers. Thanks in advance!

My oldest daughter had OCD in both knees. We caught the right knee earlier than the left so she only had drilling in that knee instead of the repair she had to go through with the left. One thing, we learned afterwards was that both knee caps did not track properly so the knees were not operating correctly. Whether that contributed to the problem is unclear but it didn't help. She eventually left the sport and moved to diving which was easier on her knees.

My oldest daughter had OCD in both knees. We caught the right knee earlier than the left so she only had drilling in that knee instead of the repair she had to go through with the left. One thing, we learned afterwards was that both knee caps did not track properly so the knees were not operating correctly. Whether that contributed to the problem is unclear but it didn't help. She eventually left the sport and moved to diving which was easier on her knees.
That’s exactly what we did with hers! First one they had to use pins, but second knee we caught a little earlier so they just did the drilling. Thank you for the feedback❤️

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back