Parents Knee pain in 5 year old DD

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jessikazaar

Proud Parent
My DD has been having pain in her left knee all week. She can still walk on it and is climbing trees as always but she said it hurts to run on it. Should I just let it rest and recover or take her to doctor? Thanks

Has she had a bump or an incident where she jarred it? Are there skills she is working on particularly?

I agree with what was said above: persistent pain in one so young should be looked at. Those bones have a lot to do yet.

Reactions: sce
When my DD was 6yo (pre team) she was complaining about knee pain. Sometimes I'd see her skipping and playing, other times she was limping and crying. I couldn't tell if she was exaggerating or was truly in pain.
After watching her try to play in her soccer game, it was very apparent there was an issue. I took her into the Dr., who did X-rays. She could see nothing wrong. However, I pushed to see an ortho. DD ended up having a partial tear of her patellar tendon. This resulted in a metal brace for about 4 weeks.

Is there redness, swelling or heat around her knee? If so, icing and elevation and rest. If she's still complaining after a few days of that, definitely see a doctor. If there's no redness it swelling, go ahead & make an appointment if it's been longer than a week. It may not have anything to do with gym.

Thank you all for your replies. No - no visible changes to the knee and it seems to be mostly when she's putting excessive weight on it so when hopping, jumping or running but walking is fine. I've been trying to make her rest but she doesn't seem capable! I'll give it until the end of the week and will book a doctors appointment if no improvement by then. From my memory there is nothing that has happened but she is constantly climbing and jumping off everything so it may have happened at school. Thanks again

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back