Knee sprain

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am going to preface this by saying that I am not looking to replace seeing a doctor. I am going in tomorrow. Last night I was doing ro bh arabians on the ttrak and after I landed I hyperexteded my left knee and heard a loud pop/crunch. Because of the time, I went to the er and had it xrayed. I was given an immobilizer and told to use the crutches I already have and go in to see the doctor on Friday. I have never done anything to my knees before although i have sprained both ankles numerous times. The doctor didn't tell me anything other than nothing was broken, but cartilage and ligaments don't show up on xrays. I've been looking around online and hoping it is not serious...but I can't find much info and I'm bad at waiting...lol. So, I was just wondering if someone has had a similar injury and what it was/about how long it took before they could resume gymnastics (going to practice on saturday, sadly probably won't happen for me, I realize). My knee does hurt to bend, although, it feels better bent, but I have to keep it straight with the immobilizer. With the immobilizer, putting full weight on it doesn't cause more pain although I do feel a stretching from the back left side of the knee down to the side to the ankle/foot. And then up the back of my leg to my hip. It hurts when I press on the inside of the knee. There is no visable bruising and the swelling is not bad. Sometimes my toes tingle a bit. Anyway, sorry for the long message

There is swelling you said.

Ice every 2-3 hours for 10-15 minutes.

It was just a really bad knee sprain. I didn't do any damage to the ligaments other than stretching them out a bit. I've been going to physical therapy for the last month because my knee was still popping out when I got any height on floor (especially front tumbling) or vault. At my last meet (a month ago) I was unable to walk for about 30 seconds after vault...but now my pt says my knee is at about 80%. I am competing in my last meet of the season tomorrow but I am really watering down the tumbling and then I'll stay off floor for the summer probably.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back