Kyla Ross

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Dahlia

Proud Parent
I thought her routines (to the untrained eye, mind you), looked pretty good this morning. Wondering how her scores will hold up as the other subdivisions compete tomorrow (I don't know how the others in her subdivision are expected to do overall, other divisions may be stronger). Personally, think they looked better than a year ago at the Olympics. What does everyone else think?

Videos of her routines here:

http://usagymworlds.com/2013/10/ros...ying-subdivision-at-2013-world-championships/

Gymnastike did a piece on Kyla for their paid subscription service and when I watched it, I indeed thought she looked better than a year ago as well. Just "popped" more on everything to me, more amplitude, smoother. She's obviously extremely driven and intrinsically motivated so I'm not surprised she took every criticism and opportunity to study her performances and improve. I was so impressed by this kid after watching this piece. I'm sure she'll be highly successful and hopefully will continue to contribute to our sport through coaching or judging.

I have no idea how it will wash out in the end, but Kyla looks drastically stronger to my very untrained eye! She has always been my fave.

I found the FIG channel on YouTube has them! We might have the terrible 2 hour NBC show as well.

Oh good. Yeah, NBC coverage is AWFUL! I watched the Olympics live stream of the Summer games, and then the NBC prime time broadcast - they totally played up things that had no chance of happening from the get-go!

Gymnastike did a piece on Kyla for their paid subscription service and when I watched it, I indeed thought she looked better than a year ago as well. Just "popped" more on everything to me, more amplitude, smoother. She's obviously extremely driven and intrinsically motivated so I'm not surprised she took every criticism and opportunity to study her performances and improve. I was so impressed by this kid after watching this piece. I'm sure she'll be highly successful and hopefully will continue to contribute to our sport through coaching or judging.

I thought she did really well today. She gets good scores in international competitions -- the international judges love her lines and her artistry. But her routines were really solid. Low D score on beam I guess -- but very very good execution.

Kyla has also become such a solid dependable gymnast.

One other thing -- she was at a disadvantage because scoring is always low for the first subdivision. I am very hopeful that she will make it into beam and bars finals. We'll see what happens with AA.

I really like that she makes her bars routine look as if it were a simple (well for some) level 5 compulsory bar routine.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back