Parents Kylie's 3rd L4 Meet Report (video)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gym-mom-fla

Proud Parent
Hi everyone! Well, Kylie had her third L4 meet yesterday, Fright Invite, which was a Halloween themed meet. Very fun with lots of candy and judges in costumes. The competition was tough, several very strong teams from Fl.

First up, vault. She has really been struggling with vault. She has a hard time finding her run and "spot" outside of her own gym. It really throws her off. Anyway, she did pretty good and scored a 9.375, which was good for 7th place. Dh only filmed one vault, did not realize she had another one to do:rolleyes:.

Bars were next and she did a beautiful routine and scored a 9.625. She was sooo happy. All 4 of the girls stuck their landings on dismount and their coach was very happy. Score was good for 1st place.

Beam, solid and beautiful to me. Holding back on her leap and her beam coach said she is going to do ALOT in practice this week. Scored a 9.575 for first place.

Floor was last, her favorite event and she did great, a 9.525, for first place!

First place AA with a 38.1. She has improved her scores with every meet (didn't do a meet report for 2nd meet, 37.5, 2nd place). Last regular meet in 2 weeks then State in December. L4 is flying by!

YouTube - Gymnastics Level 4 Floor, Beam, Bars

Just watched her video - great job.
The coach at bars was too cute. He couldn't stop himself making little coaching movements during the routine like he was doing it with her. It was all very subtle, but makes me feel that he must be a good coach and supportive. I always feel bad watching girls who coaches look like they could care less about whats happening.

Lovely routines. She is really just amazing. We had some of that kind of competition at Abby's Halloween meet. Top 3 teams had 114, 112 and 111 for team scores, huge teams, too. Fun to see those really amazing girls though, but not as fun on the podium, ha ha ha. Our girls had a 108 team score, so not even close. LOL.

I am sure Kylie will just keep rocking and do great at states and I know she will just rock L5, too. :)

Beautiful routines! Congratulations on the fantastic meet, she's delightful to watch!

Your coaches must put a lot into training the details, it sure makes for lovely gymnastics!

She is so polished and fun to watch! Great job, thanks for sharing!

Wow, she is amazing! It's hard to find anything to deduct for in those routines! She will be scoring sky high by the end of the season! Congratulations!!

Thanks everyone for all of your sweet comments! Gymnut, after we read your comment about her bars coach, we went back and watched the video again. Ky was dying of laughter...we never noticed the way he moves with them before, very cute and funny. He is an amazing coach, very detail oriented. We are so lucky to have him.

Mariposa, our team score was 114.1, and we tied for 2nd out of 14 teams. The winning team had 14 girls and we only had our 4. It always amazes me how well they do, all of them finish within tenths of each other. We have a new little one who reminds me of Abby. She is the cutest little thing and you can just tell she is going to be amazing.

Thanks again!!

Kylie did absolutely wonderful again! I love watching her routines. They are so clean and precise. I too noticed her coach on bars mentally doing the routine with her. I thought it was soooo funny.

She is totally going to rock at States. :)

Thanks everyone for all of your sweet comments! Gymnut, after we read your comment about her bars coach, we went back and watched the video again. Ky was dying of laughter...we never noticed the way he moves with them before, very cute and funny. He is an amazing coach, very detail oriented. We are so lucky to have him.

Mariposa, our team score was 114.1, and we tied for 2nd out of 14 teams. The winning team had 14 girls and we only had our 4. It always amazes me how well they do, all of them finish within tenths of each other. We have a new little one who reminds me of Abby. She is the cutest little thing and you can just tell she is going to be amazing.

Thanks again!!

He was really cute how he was watching and so into what she was doing. Great coach!!

That is amazing that you guys get team scores like that with such a small team. They all must be amazing, which is amazing in itself. :) Your coaches are obviously very focused on the little details, which lends to really beautiful routines and ones that score well, too. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back