L 10 beam connection value?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Boatergal

Proud Parent
My daughter does a FHS/BTK at L9 for her connection. Can she use that at 10? Is it worth the same as a BHS/BT? Are they both Cs?

Thanks for the info. She doesn't have a big choice given a BHS is out. She has worked/competed with this connection all season and is hoping to carry it to 10 in the future.

My daughter does a FHS/BTK at L9 for her connection. Can she use that at 10? Is it worth the same as a BHS/BT? Are they both Cs?

It's B+C, so yes, but it's a difficult connection to get credit for.

We have a girl in our gym that was doing a similar combination because the BHS was killing her wrists and like gymdog said, it was a difficult combination to get credit for...could she do back layout/back layout? I know the girl in our gym would lose the points when judges would say that she "set" before taking off for the next skill, but you almost have to..

Thanks for the info. She doesn't have a big choice given a BHS is out. She has worked/competed with this connection all season and is hoping to carry it to 10 in the future.

It's possible. My take is they are somewhat discouraging these connections as the main "series" though and being tough on it. Things I would give I see not getting connection. Hard to predict time to time what they will say.

How is she doing with skills like roundoff, side aerial? If she could do roundoff back tuck/layout that would be ideal but difficult to do (for example I can only do beam roundoff with my left foot in front but I am dominant righty...okay for dismounts but would have trouble "sticking" a skill this way).

She really hasnt been working anything else since she is in meet season. She got a front tuck in one day. Maybe a connection with that will be good. Not an aerial girl. Round off is pretty crooked.

A back handspring back tuck is a B+C, as is a front handspring back tuck. I personally think it's easier to continue in one direction during skills (bwo bhs, fwo fhs, etc.), but maybe that's just me.

Although most gymnasts do back handspring back tuck or layout in level 10, front handspring back tuck is still a good series.

Just a quick question though, is she landing her front handspring on two feet, or one at a time? I've done both types, and I've always found it easier to connect my fhs into other skills if I step out. Also, if she steps out, I feel like that would give her more time to prepare for her back tuck while still getting her connection. Some judges are lenient on this type of series, but others will deduct if you hesitate even for a second.

is she landing her front handspring on two feet, or one at a time? I've done both types, and I've always found it easier to connect my fhs into other skills if I step out.

Yes, she steps out of it. She really likes the connection for now. If she considered changing her series, I think she would definitely keep her series forward. She has had a stress fracture before and all BHS are out of all routines. Front doesn't bother her back.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back