WAG L3 Pullover Technique Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

munchkin3

Proud Parent
My DD has her L3 pretty down. My question is on her pullover technique. She is small, so when she begins her swing and return to stand, her arms are way over her head....She does her pullover, pull up to chin way over the bar, quick pause and then lifts her body up and over through front lever....It looks quite nice like in slow mo, but everyone else quickly pops from stand to the pullover very quickly.....
Coach said as long as there is no jump to pullover, her speed should be fine....
Any color???

My daughter was little when she started, so her pullover was the same. I thought it was more impressive to see a slow, controlled pull-up then the pull-over, but I'm not sure it impacted the judges at all.

As long as she doesn't jump into the pullover, rest her chin on the bar, or pull up and "pump" her legs to initiate the pull over, it wouldn't effect my score as a judge. Little ones have further to pull up. Obviously.

By what you are describing, she's doing it more correctly that the others. It just means she's strong enough to do it slowly with control. I wouldn't consider this an issue.

I see what you are saying but in reality she is not strong enough to go from fully extended arms, to a continuous pullover starting from when her toes leave the ground and up and over. She must first pull up, then a very small pause to pull her body over.

My DD is not a powerhouse, she is a thin and graceful, (still strong). the powerhouse girls are taller, and their arms are slightly bent when they initiate their pullover. They start with their feet on the ground, and lift continuously with toes up and over.

I guess it is about how high up she starts. If she has a block and her elbows are a little bent, she can do it 100% continuously. If she starts reaching up for the bar, then she has to do it the other way.

Thaks,
J

I do not like the continuous version.

EDIT: I like it to be a pull-up...pull-over.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back