WAG L7 Tumbling Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

beachgirl

Proud Parent
Judge
My daughter says she is doing 2 tumbling passes, FHS FLO and ROBHS full. I then asked if she was doing a 3rd pass because you have to do a BLO and she says that she doesn't have to because a full is a BLO twisted. I think the BLO has to be not twisted. None of the more recent L7s I've seen at her gym have done fulls. I'm definitely not asking the coaches, so just wondering if when she starts to compete if she will be deducted for the missing element or if my daughter is correct.

When my DD competed L7 with a full, she also did a BLO and a FHS FLO; however, I don't know if it was required. I will say that we saw several that had only two passes. And with the full, her scores were high, but the less difficult routines always scored a little higher.

The regular back layout is required as an ending to a pass in L7. This is a very well understood rule and my bet is your daughter is just misunderstanding something, like maybe the BLO is just assumed and coach was only talking about her 2 additional passes. If the coach is indeed wrong and is going to have her only do the full and have no regular BLO, I bet after the first meet it will be corrected - I think the penalty for not having the BLO is .5, which would probably be noticeable.

Wow, this is good to know. Maybe I am the one that missed something because I just assumed she was doing a full.

ETA-Just looked at the cheat sheet and #1 is layout to two feet. So I guess it can't be a layout step out either.

Last edited:
I was hoping I was wrong. Now I'm hoping that there is an in-house meet or maybe my daughter just thinks she's competing a full because she's working on a 1.5 now.

What they said. DD is competing a second season of L7 and has her full on floor. She really wanted to compete it but coach explained she couldn't (we only do two tumbling passes at L7). There HAS to be a LO. I suppose one could add a third tumbling pass but why invite the deductions..? ;)

My daughter's passes in L7 were RO-BHS-back full, FHS-FT, and RO-BHS-BLO. As long as the layout is in there somewhere, it's fine.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back