WAG L8 Up to level question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kayjaybe

Proud Parent
Would the following floor routine receive any "not up to level" deductions for L8?

The routine assumes that all the dance moves, leaps, turns are a minimum of up to level. I'm mostly interested in the 3 tumbling passes:

Round-off, back handspring, back layout
Front handspring, front layout, front tuck
Front handspring, front pike, front tuck

Dd was having a block on the twisting so she replaced her BLO full in the first pass with just a plain layout but then changed her last pass to the front one (before it was RO-BHS-BLO, which is now her first pass).

If it is not up to level, does she need a twist to get it there? And, if not up to level, what kind of deduction is that?

Would the routine still have a 10.0 start value? Thanks!

Pretty sure that routine would have a 10.0 SV, but I'll leave that to others. But the "up to level" deduction does not reduce SV; it's just a possible deduction like everything else.

Pretty sure that routine would have a 10.0 SV, but I'll leave that to others. But the "up to level" deduction does not reduce SV; it's just a possible deduction like everything else.

Yes, I understand it doesn't reduce the SV. But wondering if it would be subject to that deduction or not. :)

This is likely to get a small "up to level" deduction. The ideal routine has B tumbling or salto combinations in every pass, and with just the back layout in the first pass, this is a little weak. I'd probably take 0.1.

Assuming the dance is there, still a 10.0 SV.

This year USAG gave concrete examples for the "up to level" deduction for beam, but not for floor, so at this point it is still very subjective and can vary based on your state and/or region and the size of the meet. Also, remember that the "not up to level" is only a small part of the total composition deductions.

This year USAG gave concrete examples for the "up to level" deduction for beam, but not for floor, so at this point it is still very subjective and can vary based on your state and/or region and the size of the meet. Also, remember that the "not up to level" is only a small part of the total composition deductions.
sorry to highjack, but do you happen to have a link for this? curious about it.

I'm pretty sure that routine would be more than sufficient for Level 8.

Also, let me just say: I really hate the way the code is worded on this. If there is a certain level of difficulty that they want to see, they should be able to clearly define what that level is with specific requirements, rather than giving such nebulous guidelines and leaving it to the discretion of individual judges.

Regarding L8 floor and up to level, what is everyone's opinion on if it's important to do 3 passes? At a large meet this weekend, and pretty much every other gym was doing 3 passes in L8 besides for us (we all just do 2). I'm starting to worry that it's hurting us as a team on that event.

Regarding L8 floor and up to level, what is everyone's opinion on if it's important to do 3 passes? At a large meet this weekend, and pretty much every other gym was doing 3 passes in L8 besides for us (we all just do 2). I'm starting to worry that it's hurting us as a team on that event.

Two passes (both with B skills) is a-okay.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back