Off Topic Laid-off

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MaryA

Proud Parent
Proud Parent
Found out this morning... offically laid-off as of July 1, or "in the pool" as they keep calling it. It's the "furlough pool", but heck, it's almost summer! Who doesn't want to be "in the pool?":p

So sorry to hear this MaryA:(! The "pool" does sound like a good thing for the summer:rolleyes:. But all joking aside I wish you the best of luck in securing employment. Things are so hard for so many right now:(. It really does hit home when it's someone you "know" out of work:(. It helps keep me to keep my priorities in perspective. Good luck!

That is happening everywhere. You are certainly not alone. In fact, it is really rare to find someone without a close relative without losing a job. Good luck to you and your family!

Good luck Mary and enjoy your "pool time"!! My ex just recently found a job after being laid off and unemployed for about two years. So while some people are still being laid off, lots of places are starting to hire again as well. I will keep my fingers crossed for you and send lots of "employment fairies" your way!!

...Wow, I'm very sorry to hear that, MaryA :(

On a positive note it seems that you have a good sense of humor, for which money is no replacement.

I am so sorry to hear this MaryA...myself, I just got back to work after having been laid off almost 4 years ago....so I definitely have been there, done that. Good luck with the job hunting. I wish you all the best in finding a new job...Things are beginning to pick up in some areas so I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

Good luck Mary!
We are somewhat in the same boat (in the pool!) because my husband is being finished up at the end of August.
He is going to college to try and get a better qualification in the area that he works in.

So sorry to hear this, MaryA. This kind of stuff has been happening entirely too much lately. My brother graduated from college 2 years ago and has been struggling to get a job since, too bad budget cuts in the state of Pennsylvania are making teaching jobs (and many other public service type positions) incredibly rare. I just graduated and opted to go the grad school route instead of trying to get a serious job, hoping this economic situation will be at least a little better by the time I finish.
Enjoy your summer "break" and time off with the kiddos, I'm sure they'll love having you around more. Best wishes!

Hugs and prayers! But I love your attitude, that will get you through anything! <3

Sorry about the layoff, Mary. This economy just stinks. I have been looking for work actively for over 18 months and not been able to find anything. Hope you have good luck finding a job!! Part of my problem was having NOT been in the work field for so long, so hopefully that won't apply to you. A positive outlook is key though!

Sending you lots of employment fairies and good luck your way. Although I'm sure your kids will love the extra time with you-and you with them. Just enjoy it and keep your heart light...and may everything work out to your liking soon!!! :D

I am so sorry to hear that. I do hear America is having a tough time with employment atm. Here in Australia we are lucky, as jobs come by pretty easy. However the cost of living over here is what is killing us.

I am so sorry to hear that. I do hear America is having a tough time with employment atm. Here in Australia we are lucky, as jobs come by pretty easy. However the cost of living over here is what is killing us.

Hmmm... I've always wanted to see Australia. Maybe a move is in order? ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back