Parents Last L6 meet report.....I promise

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

SOOOOO HAPPY she's feeling better!!!:D Have a safe trip & a great weekend! Hope she's not feeling stressed. She just needs to do what she's been doing all season & she's gonna rock at states!!!! Good luck!:D

Thanks again GJM, whatever happens, we think she's awesome and she's had a great season. I keep telling her that, but she knows she's up against some tough competition. I think she's feeling the heat a little and she just needs to focus on hitting her routines the best she can. Having had some success, I think she feels like she has to live up to expectations which is soooo not the case.

I think she's very fortunate to have so many talented gymnasts in her age group to compete against. I'm also really excited about how the team has progressed over the season. I think they have a real shot to be state champions as a team.

Wow, that was one tough meet:eek: We all had a great weekend, but we're happy to be home. I don't remember the L5 championships being as pressure packed. Last year the girls were split into two groups, ten, and ten and a half. This year, it was an all 11 year old session with the 65 top gymnasts in the state qualifying.

It was kind of surreal and Hollywood at the same time. What a topsy turvy day. Thank goodness it turned out well. Elizabeth is an unbelievable competitor. Thanks everyone for your kind words and support!!!!

Yes, L6 states are a real eye opener:eek:!!! L6 is a notoriously tough level in our area too! I think that's why some gyms opt to score their girls out of it. But I'm sure Elizabeth held her own!!!! She is a very talented young lady:D!!! Hope her foot held up & didn't cause her a problem. Now she can actually take some time to rest it & let it heal. Congrats to Elizabeth on a great L6 season! I've enjoyed watching her videos & following her progress. Thanks for sharing with us:D!

Thanks GJM, her foot didn't give her any trouble at all. The girls started out on vault. During warm-up, one of her teammates ran all out down the runway, hit the spring board as hard as she could and her legs buckled and she went face first into the vault table at full speed.

The whole gymnasium went silent. It was a scary moment for everyone, but after a few minutes, she was able to get back to her feet to an ovation from all the competing gymnasts, judges, parents and siblings.

The event staff stopped the vault competition and gave her the time she needed to get checked out by the medical staff and shake it off. Thank goodness those fairies are looking after our little girls.

Elizabeth had a solid vault and scored a 9.250 16th place. Next up bars, Elizabeth's favorite event!! She's the L5 state bars champ and has 5 first place finishes as a L6. She's been working bars really hard to get ready for states and put up another solid routine. She was visibly disappointed in her score, 8.950, which was still good enough for 6th place.

On beam she was super conservative and went small on all her tricks - 9.150 11th place. By the time she got to floor, she was super amped and went all out. She finally nailed her front tuck (which is what she was working on when she injured her foot) and was rewarded with a 9.600 which turned out to be the best score of the day!!

All around, she finished 5th with a 36.950. The unusual thing is that the four girls that finished ahead of her in the AA didn't have any 1st place finishes in any of the individual events.

Over all, she seems disappointed. Whenever anyone asks her how she did, she unenthusiastically replies 5th all around and doesn't even mention that she's state floor champ. I guess it's going to take a few days to get over her bar score:(

Wow Elizabeth, 1st out of 65 on floor and state floor camp, that is amazing!

Fifth place AA is eqally amazing, especially when we take into account she doesn't train all year round, has been injured and has other commitments that take away from gym time. A truly talented girl!

TeamDad, I hope she can realize how amazing her accomplishments are(maybe she's just being humble;))! I'm sure she was against repeat L6's & girls who practice increadible amounts of hours compared to her. She just competed against a whole meet of girls who were her direct competition...and she came in 5th!!! (with an amazing AA score I might add!)And 1st on floor!!!! That is awesome!!!! Congratulations!!!! WTG Elizabeth!!!:D Tell her not to worry about the bar score...1 meet, 1 judge. Just happened to be at states...so that part sucks. But we all know her bars are beautiful too!!!! Sorry to hear about the child who ran into the vault...must have been scary for all to witness... & a parent's nightmare. Glad she was ok & they gave her time to recover. How did the team do a whole???

hey GJM, I think in a few days, she'll forget all about it. Right now though, i'm sure it still stings. She got hammered on her score and she's upset. Both her coach and a coach from another team (who's bar star also got hammered) were saying that they felt the judging was accurate but that they just wished that the scores would be as consistent all season. They can vary alot from meet to meet.

The team did great, 3rd place!!!! One of her teammates is a gorgeous beam worker. She really goes for it and either crashes or wins. This day she won and we are very happy for her:)

After the meet we went to lunch in town with her teammates, caught the air show on the lake, went to the carnival and had a great day.

Thanks for asking:D, I put it together last night. I'm just waiting for the host gym to post the official results so I can make sure I have the scores and placements correct. You're probable either going to want to turn the volume on your computer off...or way up for this one....If you like the band Nickelback, then go ahead and crank it up to 11:eek:

The lyrics are a little inappropriate, but I like the song:) I wasn't going to add music, but my camera picked up alot of chatter from the stands and it was a little distracting.

Wow Elizabeth, 1st out of 65 on floor and state floor champ, that is amazing!

Fifth place AA is equally amazing, especially when we take into account she doesn't train all year round, has been injured and has other commitments that take away from gym time. A truly talented girl!

Thanks Bog, she really makes the best use of her time at practice so I don't think that her other commitments have held her back any. We think she's amazing. Thanks as always, you made me smile:) She will come around in her own time.

Congratulations Elizabeth! What a great way to end the season.

BTW, I think her bars deserved higher. IDK what they took off for, they were fabulous! Love the casting! Great height and no arch, what more can they want? What little she could have improved on, can't have been worth that many deductions, go figure.

Thanks for the video!!! Elizabeth performed soooo well!!! She was VERY solid(as usual;)) on ALL of the events! She has so much to be proud of!!! Congratulations again on a great L6 season & an awesome performance at states:applause:!!! Can't wait to see what her optional floor routine will look like!!! I'm sure she's looking forward to that!!! Any idea what type of music she's thinking of???

Wow - she looks amazing. I love that side leap still on floor. Perfect! I also cant wait to see her level 7 floor. I like the way she stands in ballet position on the podium.

GJM, I'm pretty sure she doesn't get to pick her music. The gym will assign music and a routine, hopefully, it will fit her.

NWOGM, I think it's like GJM said - one judge, one meet - it's just happened to be at states:(

GN1, thanks, I love that pic too. I think it really shows how you have to go big, and perform, as well as nailing the elements in the routine. I was surprised she chose to do that part of her routine right in front of the judges table, she's experimented with starting in different locations on the floor. I think she made the right choice!

Way to go Elizabeth!! Beautiful job!!! That floor routine was gorgeous and your scale is impeccable! Sooo pretty!!! Congrats!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back