Last Meet Before States

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

flippersmom

Hoping things go well to DD. She has her last meet before states this Saturday at 8:00 am. This is our first 8:00 am meet all season so far! Luckily, it is close by, maybe 20-25 minute drive.

She has been working hard. Her bars are becoming much better, but they are not her "habit" yet and last meet she slipped into her bad habits at the meet. Hoping that they stick with her this meet! There is just an 11 year old group (instead of 11 & Up), so she will compete against many of the girls she will see at states.

And I am NOT brining my video camera. She did wonderful a couple of meets ago when I brought it, and the last two meets I brought it she did not do quite as well (but she still did well!)

Wish her luck! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

:Dhope the not-bringing-the-camera idea works out for you guys! We had an 8 am start at states too, no fun, but then were done by 11 so that was nice!

Good luck to your dd!!!!

Thanks!

She actually asked me to leave the video camera at home (after asking me to bring it to the last two meets) because she says it makes her nervous, especially in a small gym when she can see me. Plus I may be on the floor with the coach for part of the meet, that makes her nervous enough!

All is going well in practice except that darn higher cast

Anyone have the cast at least horizontal fairy? We could really use her on Saturday. I told DD she was going to leave some big cast under her pillow (well, ok she knows that's not true, but it didnt' hurt to try!).

good luck to her! Also, bars is my hardest event. I still need my high bar kip (once i get it i'll have every skill, it is driving me crazy!) Extra good luck on a horizontal cast!

good luck to her! Also, bars is my hardest event. I still need my high bar kip (once i get it i'll have every skill, it is driving me crazy!) Extra good luck on a horizontal cast!

Bars is actually one of her stronger (she struggles more on vault), but the cast seems to be giving her trouble. Coach has told her she could score great if she gets if higher! At least she still has some time before states.

Good luck on your high bar kip!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back