Parents Latest Meet Results!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mom2Gymgirls

Proud Parent
Well it was a very long weekend for us. Our gym hosted a big 3-day meet that had gymnasts from from various parts of the Midwest. It was tiring but a lot of fun too. I worked sessions flashing scores for L4, L5, L9 and L10, and I got to see some really great gymnastics. First of all, let me say, big kudos to the L5's from Phenom and the L4's and L5's from Balance Institute, both from Illinois. I was very impressed by those girls. I did not see the routines because I was working floor, but there was a L5 from Phenom who pulled a 9.9 on beam and a 9.8 on bars. Floor scores were not as high, but all in all, the Phenom girls looked great. I was also really impressed with the Balance Institute girls on beam. They had the best beam routines, all of them. One girl who I think was maybe 8 years old in L4 had about a vertical scale. I couldn't believe it. For the L9 and L10's that I saw, the girls from Phenom, Oakland and Universal and some others I don't remember were very good. It's always fun to see clubs from other states. Anyway, just thought I'd mention that in case there is anyone from any of these gyms on here. :D

This was a good meet for my daughter too, but it was tough competition. She got 5 medals, but she didn't place very high on anything thanks to the girls from out of state. ;) Anyway, things are finally starting to come along for her. One more meet to go and then it's off to states in mid-March.

Vault - 9.0, tied for 11th place out of 23 6-7 year old girls. Not as much pop as previous vaults. It didn't seem like she was running as fast as she could. Her last meet was also a 9.0. Prior meets have been 9.2 and 9.25.

Bars - 8.25, 12th place. Finally out of the 7's! She almost fell forward on her shoot through, but she stopped herself. Prior meets have been mid to high 7's.

Beam- I was so worried about this one. She fell everytime on the dismount in the warm-up. Coach finally spotted her for one at the end. She gets up and does the routine. It looks good. A little wobbly here and there, and the leap is a little timid. I'm holding my breath. We get to the dismount, and I about choke! She does the handstand and is up in that position for at least 2 seconds it seemed. I almost thought she was going to fall back down, but she made it! It was her best routine yet. She got an 8.925 and 8th place (behind all of those Balance Institute girls!).

Floor - 9.0, 12th place.
AA - 35.175, 12th place.

She was very excited to get a medal on each event. They went out to 12 places, so she just squeezed in there, but she was so happy.

Way to go to your dd! It's great that she placed in every event. She should be very proud of herself. As for the L5s, WOW! those are some HUGE scores! You don't hear about 9.9s very often in this level, wish I could have seen that one.

Good luck at the next meet, here's breaking chalk for ya!

Congrats to your DD! Great scores. She should be very proud! I know the Phenom team. DD competed against them. She is a level 5. She is a new 8 year old and the age group went up to 9 1/2. She held her own and placed 7th AA. They are a tough team. They took first place and our team took second. We get the pleasure of meeting up with them again at States!:) Anyhow, congrats again on a terrific meet!!!

She did a wonderful job. That is a great AA score, you know at some meets that would be 1st AA.

I love the idea on going out so far for medals. This weekends meet had 1-3 in a group of 30 girls.

I love the idea on going out so far for medals. This weekends meet had 1-3 in a group of 30 girls.

That stinks. They are pretty good here about going out to 50% of the age group with awards. It's nice because you have a greater chance of earning a medal.

Congrats to your DD! Great scores. She should be very proud! I know the Phenom team. DD competed against them. She is a level 5. She is a new 8 year old and the age group went up to 9 1/2. She held her own and placed 7th AA. They are a tough team. They took first place and our team took second. We get the pleasure of meeting up with them again at States!:) Anyhow, congrats again on a terrific meet!!!

They were tough. I don't envy your dd having to go up against those girls at states, but it sounds like she did quite well at the other meet placing 7th and competing against older girls. When is your state meet? Ours for L4 in Indiana is the weekend of March 14/15, and L5 is the weekend after that.

Don't you just love a meet when they place on everything! Five medals is a great achievement, you both should be proud!

Don't you just love a meet when they place on everything! Five medals is a great achievement, you both should be proud!

Yes, she and I were thrilled. That bar medal has always been out of reach for her, and beam is hit or miss, depending on whether or not she falls. It just seemed to all come together this weekend for her. Hopefully she's on a roll now.

They were tough. I don't envy your dd having to go up against those girls at states, but it sounds like she did quite well at the other meet placing 7th and competing against older girls. When is your state meet? Ours for L4 in Indiana is the weekend of March 14/15, and L5 is the weekend after that.

Our level 5 states are in April. We are coming your way this weekend to Indianapolis for the Circle of Stars meet!!!! Good luck at your States.

Our level 5 states are in April. We are coming your way this weekend to Indianapolis for the Circle of Stars meet!!!! Good luck at your States.

Thanks and same to you. I wish we were doing Circle of Stars this year. Older DD did that one last year, and it was a lot of fun although very expensive. Make sure your bring lots of cash for your admission fee!! I like the big meets though because it's always neat to see gyms from other states. Usually the out of state gyms do very well in Indy.

Well it was a very long weekend for us. Our gym hosted a big 3-day meet that had gymnasts from from various parts of the Midwest. It was tiring but a lot of fun too. I worked sessions flashing scores for L4, L5, L9 and L10, and I got to see some really great gymnastics. First of all, let me say, big kudos to the L5's from Phenom and the L4's and L5's from Balance Institute, both from Illinois. I was very impressed by those girls. I did not see the routines because I was working floor, but there was a L5 from Phenom who pulled a 9.9 on beam and a 9.8 on bars. Floor scores were not as high, but all in all, the Phenom girls looked great. I was also really impressed with the Balance Institute girls on beam. They had the best beam routines, all of them. One girl who I think was maybe 8 years old in L4 had about a vertical scale. I couldn't believe it. For the L9 and L10's that I saw, the girls from Phenom, Oakland and Universal and some others I don't remember were very good. It's always fun to see clubs from other states. Anyway, just thought I'd mention that in case there is anyone from any of these gyms on here. :D

This was a good meet for my daughter too, but it was tough competition. She got 5 medals, but she didn't place very high on anything thanks to the girls from out of state. ;) Anyway, things are finally starting to come along for her. One more meet to go and then it's off to states in mid-March.

Vault - 9.0, tied for 11th place out of 23 6-7 year old girls. Not as much pop as previous vaults. It didn't seem like she was running as fast as she could. Her last meet was also a 9.0. Prior meets have been 9.2 and 9.25.

Bars - 8.25, 12th place. Finally out of the 7's! She almost fell forward on her shoot through, but she stopped herself. Prior meets have been mid to high 7's.

Beam- I was so worried about this one. She fell everytime on the dismount in the warm-up. Coach finally spotted her for one at the end. She gets up and does the routine. It looks good. A little wobbly here and there, and the leap is a little timid. I'm holding my breath. We get to the dismount, and I about choke! She does the handstand and is up in that position for at least 2 seconds it seemed. I almost thought she was going to fall back down, but she made it! It was her best routine yet. She got an 8.925 and 8th place (behind all of those Balance Institute girls!).

Floor - 9.0, 12th place.
AA - 35.175, 12th place.

She was very excited to get a medal on each event. They went out to 12 places, so she just squeezed in there, but she was so happy.

We were at your meet this weekend, on Sunday at 3:50pm - Level 7 Session, it was a great meet - first time for us. They did a good job with running the meet. There were some very high scores - our level 7's won first place in the super team award with a 114.975 and walked away with $300 - as you can imagine the girls were thrilled. Those medals were awesome!!

We were at your meet this weekend, on Sunday at 3:50pm - Level 7 Session, it was a great meet - first time for us. They did a good job with running the meet. There were some very high scores - our level 7's won first place in the super team award with a 114.975 and walked away with $300 - as you can imagine the girls were thrilled. Those medals were awesome!!

That's good to hear. Your team did great. I'm glad you enoyed yourself. I think our booster club does a very nice job of pulling this all together. I was actually working the same time you were there, but I was in the other gym.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back