Leaps on Floor Level 7

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gym monkeys mom

Proud Parent
My daughter is looking for suggestions on what to do after her split leap on floor for her connected dance series.:confused: She is currently doing a jump turn but, it is hard to connectfor her . Any ideas would be great. She is not a strong dancer and has lost connection points on floor the last two meets.:(

I think that either a split jump or a straddle jump would look good after her split leap. Also if she has trouble with that she could try a a step through to a side leap. I hope that this helps.

She does a straddle jump elswhere in the routine and her side leaps are weak but thanks for the suggestion. Any other thoughts would be great.

in my floor routine i do switch leap connected to a straddle jump, but a one of the girls on my team does split leap step through to wolf-jump. hope this helps!

She could do cat leap, or scissor kick. Those are easy to connect since they take off on one leg.

How about a side leap, if she has a nice straddle jump then she would probably have a good side leap. Cat leaps are good too, even better if she can do a cat leap half or a cat leap full turn.

Well here are some different suggestions

Side leap
Cat leap (or cat half or full)
scissor leap
Change leg wolf leap
Stag leap
turning split leap
Ring leap
tour jete
Change leg leap

my dd does splitleap-straddlejump and a straddled shushunova (spelling?),she used to do a ro splitleap for her gym acro which she had to change because you are only aloud to do 2 of the same jumps in a routine,the shushunova counts as a straddlejump

I like the idea of the cat leap but i'm not sure it will look the best. Try the tuck jump, or the step though to the swing wolf jump. That or just keep working hard on your current one:)

I think my spelling is going to be bad on this one but what about split leap, tour jete?
oops, never mind, Aussie_coach already listed that one. I'll keep thinking...........

Last edited:
Since you stated your daughter is not a strong dancer, you might want to stick with the easier jump. Switch Jump - Tuck Jump is a good option. If she is loosing connection because she has too much momentium then she could try doing a Tuck Half or straight half.

Good luck!

Leap connection

My daughter is looking for suggestions on what to do after her split leap on floor for her connected dance series.:confused: She is currently doing a jump turn but, it is hard to connectfor her . Any ideas would be great. She is not a strong dancer and has lost connection points on floor the last two meets.:(

A wolf-hop is easy to connect

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back