Leaving for first meet of the season tomorrow!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

UnoMas

Proud Parent
We are leaving for the girls' first meet of the season tomorrow after school. The girls compete in the same session on different sides of the gym at 8am Saturday morning. Should be interesting! I have to have 2 heads of hair done at the same time!

Older DD is very nervous about beam. I am sure she would apppreciate any spare luck that any of you have for the BWO and full turn. (oh, and the front tuck dismount too;)). She can do all these pretty consistently but she is really worried.

Little DD is not nervous (gotta love little DD) but I am very nervous for her. You just never know what she is going to do. She has been missing her shoot through for awhile now (had it for a year then seems to have lost it)...so...she needs some luck with that and also for her beam routine which is still shaky. Overall she is SO much better than last year and I just hope she has a good performance with some improvements.

Man, this is making me nervous typing this! Will share results when we get home...making a long weekend out of the trip so will not be home until Sunday.

Good luck to everyone else who is competing this weekend!:)

Wishing both of your girls much luck and fun for their first meet of the season :) Hope all of you have a great time and a fantastic long weekend together! We are gearing up for our first (ever!) in 2 weeks and I am already a nervous wreck! My DD is a lot like your DD...takes most things in stride and wants to go have a good time. My DD also lost her shoot through about 2 weeks ago after having it through the summer. Darn those tricky L4 bars skills! Bars and beam fairies coming their way! :D

Good luck to your girls tomorrow!! I would send some beam fairies but unfortunately they have not been around here for at least 2 weeks....LOL but if I see them I will send them your way!!! Oh and sending the speed fairies so hopefully you will be able to run back and forth fast enough to see all events for both girls!!

good luck to both of your girls & to you! two heads of meet hair by 8:00 am and trying watch both on different sides of the gym !!!!

Good luck to both of your girls! At least you'll be so busy tomorrow that you will have less time to be nervous for them! Here's hoping that they both don't end up competing at the exact same moment! Can't wait to hear about the adventures!

Wishing you all have a fantastic time and looking forward to hearing how you did going back and forth between the two girls lol.

Good luck to your girls!!! We are gearing up with ds's first ever meet in a few weeks. I can't imagine getting 2 girl's hair ready by 8am, I am glad I have a boy in gymnastics. I have an older girl in dance, so I know about getting hair ready!

If I remember correctly from a previous thread, this is Crown of the Carolinas, right? Look out for the Barbados team - my DD is not competing (we could not afford to go), but her group is in the Saturday 8 a.m. session too! They are training level 5 but aren't ready to compete it yet, so they are still competing level 4.

Good luck to both your girls!!!

Good luck to both your girls!! Look forward to the report and to seeing video. :) Sending the beam and bar fairies your way!

If I remember correctly from a previous thread, this is Crown of the Carolinas, right? Look out for the Barbados team - my DD is not competing (we could not afford to go), but her group is in the Saturday 8 a.m. session too! They are training level 5 but aren't ready to compete it yet, so they are still competing level 4.

Good luck to both your girls!!!

Yes, and we did see the Barbados team...loved your national anthem, so beautiful! :) I knew there was someone from the CB on that team...sorry you could not make it, I am sure her team mates were FREEZING as it was very very cold in the area over the weekend!

Yes, and we did see the Barbados team...loved your national anthem, so beautiful! :) I knew there was someone from the CB on that team...sorry you could not make it, I am sure her team mates were FREEZING as it was very very cold in the area over the weekend!

I was wondering about the weather (I meant to check it online). Last year most of the team went up on the Thursday and we went on the Friday, and we missed the coldest night - the others said they froze when they went out for dinner! By the time we got there it wasn't that bad, though we could still see our breath in the early morning. DD was thrilled - it never gets cold enough here to see your breath!

I was wondering about the weather (I meant to check it online). Last year most of the team went up on the Thursday and we went on the Friday, and we missed the coldest night - the others said they froze when they went out for dinner! By the time we got there it wasn't that bad, though we could still see our breath in the early morning. DD was thrilled - it never gets cold enough here to see your breath!

We had frost at 7:30 am leaving the hotel. It does not usually get that cold this early here. My girls' teeth were chattering!!!

too funny! Make sure to tell her that that grows very old after a short time ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back