Parents Legal documents from usag.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MILgymFAM

Proud Parent
Did anyone/everyone else’s DD receive a big old envelope filled with legal documents about a “bar date” to file monetary claims? The whole document seems to be referring to sexual abuse, which my daughter neither suffered nor claimed... so I’m not sure why she got it unless every member got the same thing. Seems odd to send legal forms to minors imo.

I would guess that she is being considered a potential creditor in the bankruptcy proceeding because of the complaint she filed.
They never went anywhere with her complaint, which was not sexual in nature. She’s a mature 17, but there is no way I would expect her to be able to fully understand the documents- around 50 pages of legalese- on her own.

Reactions: sce
First thing that came to mind is the complaint she filed (even if nothing ever came of it back then). Second thing that came to mind was whether any of her former gyms/coaches had sexual abuse claims or other complaints.

If she ever attended a gym where a coach worked that was eventually found guilty and banned, maybe they are sending every gymnast from those gyms the paperwork?

Most likely anyone who has filed a complaint of any sort got the package from the Bankruptcy Court. Any possible claimant has to file a proof of claim by the bar date set by the Court or those claims can't ever be asserted again against USAG, even in traditional civil court.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back