Parents Lengthening a leotard's torso

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Tmacs

Proud Parent
My daughter is super thin and small but has a long torso. She measures between a child 8 and child 10 in everything but the torso (C12). Since we will be using this leotard for one more year, I'm wondering if anyone has had success in stretching the torso of a very expensive leo… Getting it wet and weighting down the crotch area??

My daughter is super thin and small but has a long torso. She measures between a child 8 and child 10 in everything but the torso (C12). Since we will be using this leotard for one more year, I'm wondering if anyone has had success in stretching the torso of a very expensive leo… Getting it wet and weighting down the crotch area??
I did that years ago to get one more year out of a comp leo as they didn't make it anymore.

I basically washed it and hung it on a padded hanger with a large tin of potatoes in the crotch. And I left it like that til dry in the bathroom and then hung it in the closet like that all season lol. Worked a treat. The coach and I laughed about it for years. Funnily enough it is still her favourite competition leo that she had.

I am going to try this! A trusty old favourite is looking a bit too small on my youngest gymnast and I can't find another the same online, this might get her another month or two out of it!

I did that years ago to get one more year out of a comp leo as they didn't make it anymore.

I basically washed it and hung it on a padded hanger with a large tin of potatoes in the crotch. And I left it like that til dry in the bathroom and then hung it in the closet like that all season lol. Worked a treat. The coach and I laughed about it for years. Funnily enough it is still her favourite competition leo that she had.
Amazing. We are going to do this LOL Thanks!

We did the same thing to several leos over the years. I also stuffed towels into the shoulder and arms when they were too tight when the leo was wet.

Awesome! :D I may try this, as I definitely have a few old favorites I just can't stop wearing. Sometimes the length I need in leo sizes end up a bit wide around on me also. I never would have thought of it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back