WAG Leo brand for broader shoulders

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Copelscope

Proud Parent
The other thread about training attire reminded me-- which Leo brands seem to be cut a bit broader across the shoulders? DD is currently in child large for snowflake, gk and Adidas, and while the length fits fine I've noticed they are getting too tight across the shoulders as she develops more strength in her shoulders and upper back (the straps start right where they should, but quickly scoot inward so the Leo isn't coming down near her armpits, but instead pinching the skin between her armpit and rib cage). Does it seem like more of an issue with the brand cut (she's tall and leggy, but starting to broaden across the shoulders), or maybe she needs to go up a size? She hasn't outgrown for a while (she's 9 and it's been about a year since the last Leo change-up) -- before it was always obvious they were too short rather than the fit elsewhere :)
Thanks for the help!

My Girl isn't tall or leggy, but she does have very broad shoulders.
Square backs, racer backs and T-backs seem to work best for her, regardless of brand.

I would try a size up and see if that does the trick. I had super broad shoulders as a gymnast (and still do) and did not usually have a problem with fit across the shoulders. What type of fabric are most of her leos? The metallic leos are typically stiffer fabrics than velvet and lycra, so a change in fabric might also help.

Thanks all :). The different cut sounds like it will be worth trying (she's been wearing tank style), in a slightly bigger size ;)

I would try a size up and see if that does the trick. I had super broad shoulders as a gymnast (and still do) and did not usually have a problem with fit across the shoulders. What type of fabric are most of her leos? The metallic leos are typically stiffer fabrics than velvet and lycra, so a change in fabric might also help.
Hers are Lycra I think :). She thinks the metallics are too stiff and the velvety ones are too hot :)

I just ordered some of these and they might be good for this issue. They haven't arrived yet so I can't confirm but they look more generously cut in the shoulder area, which I liked. Also price is great for what looks to be a nice quality.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/153268069/gymnastics-leotard-girls-lime-blue?ref=shop_home_active
I love those! It doesn't look like they have adult sizes or I would recommend them to my high school girls who love nice, cheap leos. And lots of those are designs teens would go for and look really well made.

I love those! It doesn't look like they have adult sizes or I would recommend them to my high school girls who love nice, cheap leos. And lots of those are designs teens would go for and look really well made.

I received the leos just last night, and I love them! Very well made and also lined. The shoulder cut is definitely broad, also I would say they are a bit generous all over. I ordered one of the larger sizes, I would say size 10? Or 9 maybe? And it seems like an AXS to me. I also ordered some 6s and would have probably ordered down now seeing them (was trying to get CS), but these will do.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back