Parents Leo sizing compared to GK?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymbeam

Proud Parent
My daughter only wears GK leos because I know their sizing and have been afraid to order anything different.
I'd like to try some other brands though! Can you guys tell me some other popular brands and how they fit in comparison to GK? (size AXS to be exact & she has tiny hips and butt but broad shoulders and chest if that's important with any particular styles.)

A few brands I can think of off-hand that I'm interested in are:
Plum
Snowflake
Alpha Factor
Desitira
KBee
Motionwear
Adidas
CL

Thanks! :)

I have experience with the following:

Plum: Most of them seem to be just a tad bigger than GK, although we have one that was quite a bit smaller than all her other ***. My guess is that that one was just not mislabeled and was actually a smaller size. My daughter loves Plum and thinks they are the best leos ever.

Snowflake: Haven't ordered from Snowflake in years, but when I did, the sizing was similar to GK.

KBee: Careful here. I ordered using their number sizes that corresponded to her clothing size (I think I got a 5/6 or a 7/8) and it was WAY. TOO. SMALL. Like she couldn't even wear it when she got it small. I'd order up.

CL: Same as GK back when I ordered a long time ago.

Snowflake is pretty much the same as GK in sizing. My YG actually prefers Snowflake over GK... and they are just as durable.

K-Bee used to have the BEST sizing chart on the planet... you would actually enter the gymnasts measurements and it would tell you what size they should get... now, they have a regular size chart like everyone else ... BUT they have 14 different sizes ... She would probably wear a Children's 11/12 or Adult XS in K-Bee... but I would stick with the spaghetti straps to prevent digging in, especially if you went with the children's size.

Alpha Factor, it will depend on her torso and she would be between Child Large and Adult XSmall ... CLE is actually BIGGER on bust and waist than AXS. The hips are the same for both sizes. The CLE Torso (49-51 inches) is smaller than the AXS Torso (52-54 inches).

These are the ones I know about.

Dd LOVES snowflake! She wears a CM in GK and in snowflake. I have noticed that the snowflake seem just a tad tighter in her, so I might size up if she is towards the top of her size.

We usually size up in Snowflake and Adidas, especially the shiny ones. My daughter has a long torso, and these seem to be a bit short on her. Destira and Motionwear we have found to both run a bit bigger than GK, but we buy the same size she just stays in them longer (Her GK CLs are just starting to get snug, her CLs in both of those brands still have plenty of room). We also like Ozone. They size similar to GK.

Dd seems to have a similar shape to the Ops Dd, with the broad shoulders and tiny hips, Dd also has a short torso.

We've found that in Snowflake compared to GK the shoulders of the Snowflake are too constricting and we need to go up a size.

Also like Kaloss it seems that the Snowflake are a tad smaller all round.

Great info! Thanks so much. I'm pretty frugal so I hate having to pay return shipping! This makes me a lot more confident to try some others now.

Great info! Thanks so much. I'm pretty frugal so I hate having to pay return shipping! This makes me a lot more confident to try some others now.
Sometimes (not currently though), Snowflake will offer a grab bag leotard (a regular leotard, but for somewhere between $15 and $17.50)... You can specify things like "she loves blues" or "she HATES velvet" or specify a preferred neck style or whatever and they will do their best to send you what you want in her size ... if you call to place the order, you can even give them her measurements and they will help you get the right size.
We have never had a BAD grab bag leotard... and last time, they didn't have one of the sizes I needed and i commented that I wished they did have that size. I got an email the next day asking what my preference was for that size and I told them... they gave me a leo that they were STILL advertising for $46 ... and I got it for $17.

Snowflake customer service is the BEST!!! I ordered a Leo from zulily and it was lost in the mail, I called snowflake, described the Leo, she emailed me a picture to confirm it was the right one AND honored zulily's price!

We don't have most of those brands in Australia, but I have found Snowflake and GK to be the same, and I gathered that was because they are both American brands and fit the American shape better (broad shoulders and trim butt/hips as the OP mentioned). Most of the local manufacturers here seem to make styles better suited to the slimmer built gymnasts, which my daughter definitely isn't!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back