Parents Leos and a Gymnast's Body

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnastmom96

Maybe someone can relate - I just need to vent. I hate when leo companies don't use real gymnast in thier ads. Most gymnast are not built like other little girls - wider chest and small narrow hips. My dd found a leo online and fell in love with it. Nothing fancy but still really pretty and better yet - on sale! The top was "halter" cut. I had a bad feeling about it because of my dd's wings. ****WINGS - for newby gym moms - about lvl 6 or so when they start working giants, the lat muscles develop (even more) and her chest gets wider-looks like wings. ****
She was so excited with it came in and tried it on. We both looked at each other and burst out laughing. She looked like a mini American Gladiator! The cut out shoulders accentuated her broad shoulders and cut arms. She was always a tall and thin child, built more like a rhythmic gymnast until she started working giants. That is the absolute last time we buy a leo like that.

LOL about the "wings". Should my DD ever make it to L6 I'll let you all know if she developes those.

I don't like my DD's comp Leo.

If you go to the gallery section here on CB you can see a picture of it. It is a GK Addidas blue/white with some red trim & stripes. Cute on the hanger! But, it is not very flattering to any of the gymnasts at any age. Her thighs are thick already but the legs are cut pretty full (think old lady undies!) and tight elastics on leg so her upper thigh buldges out. She has a leo she wears for practice (an Alpha Factor) that is higher cut and makes her legs look much thinner and longer. While I do like all her practice GK's, this one leo just has a totally different fit/look. Wish I could send it back, but we are stuck with it for awhile, LOL

Can you send yours back?

I totally agree with you. They should have real gymnast wearing them. My daughter is very thin, but this last year she is getting fuller in the shoulders and upper arms. Her shirts are tight on the top half and baggy in the bottoms. We will not buy a leo via mail anymore. We try them all on before we purchase them.

Blackie6,
It was a clearence leo so it looks like its going on ebay. I'm going to post the picture we took, its too funny. My dd was laughing so hard, it was hard to get a picture.

"I hate when leo companies don't use real gymnast in thier ads. Most gymnast are not built like other little girls - wider chest and small narrow hips. My dd found a leo online and fell in love with it. Nothing fancy but still really pretty and better yet - on sale!"

Too funny about the "wings". Guess it's too late to send back? That's unfortunate but I also guess that's the chance we take when we buy things like that on-line. You can hold a child's medium up to 5 other child mediums and they're all different. I won't buy my dd a leo unless she tries it on first.

Can I ask, was it a GK leo? Did you buy it from the company? The reason I ask is that I know GK uses "real" gymnasts in their catalogs. Several of them are from our gym. One of them is going to the Olympic trials! :)

nettyinpa,
No, it was Motionwear. We've never had one problem with GK or AF. I normally wouldn't do it either but I'm always looking for deal. I let my penny-pinching get the best of me. If I know what she likes, I'll have her try it on then search the internet for the best deal.

I didn't mention this before has anyone EVER found a 1 piece bathing suit that fits properly?

nettyinpa,
No, it was Motionwear. We've never had one problem with GK or AF. I normally wouldn't do it either but I'm always looking for deal. I let my penny-pinching get the best of me. If I know what she likes, I'll have her try it on then search the internet for the best deal.

I didn't mention this before has anyone EVER found a 1 piece bathing suit that fits properly?

A one piece bathing suit that fits properly?, now that is funny. LOL

nettyinpa,

awwww, we really like motionwear leos... I thought they used the Indy gymnasts in their ads... We went to a meet sponsored by Motionwear & Wrights in Jan. & walked out w/3 fantastic leos for under $50 bucks and love the way they fit:)

My dd has a hard time getting 2-piece bathing suits to fit. I usually have to get the top 1 size bigger. 1-piece not as much of a problem. My dd is only 6 but already she likes to show off her 6-pack abs!!

"
Can I ask, was it a GK leo? Did you buy it from the company? The reason I ask is that I know GK uses "real" gymnasts in their catalogs. Several of them are from our gym. One of them is going to the Olympic trials! :)

Yeah; I was going to say GK, Alpha Factor, and Dreamlight all use "real" gymnasts in the catalogues. Of course, there's a big difference in builds amongst gymnasts. I alway think GK looks much better on the long skinny girls (Nastia, Shayla) than on the more muscular types (Carly, Alicia).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back