Leotard Help...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My hopefully L4 needs a new leo since she goes to gym 2-3 times a week but we have a problem; all the leo all the leos she tried on were tight in the shoulders. Her only leo is a MotionWear leo they handed out at a meet. What would be a good brand or store for her?

My tall skinny long torsoed kid wears the destira jr size well. We have also taken other brands in in the sides.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk

I'm a big fan of Melody Leotards. Prices are good, as is the quality. It is a small, privately-owned company and the owner (Melody) makes returns easy (doesn't charge extra fees for returning/shipping) and I've even heard that she will make "custom sizes" for difficult to fit kiddos. If you email her your daughter's measurements and tell her about the problem you have finding something that fits her in the shoulders, I'm sure she will be able to help you.

the long torso kids usually get the next size up but that usually means baggy behinds. My DD has found that Snowflake leos tend to run a little longer in the torso and are more comfortable.

Also the Velvet leos are more stretchy and will fit the longer torso girl than the sparkly foil type.

Everyone will have a favorite vendor that fits them best but Really its just a matter of trying them on and see what she is comfortable in.

Jag wear Leo's in Canada makes custom Leo's. You provide measurements and pick fabrics and trim. It was my dd ' s favorite Leo for a long time. They vary in price, but they are more expensive. Think more like $ 50 instead of $20

Good luck!

You might want to try on different styles. My daughter prefers racer back leos rather than tank leos because they fit her better in the shoulders.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News