Leotard question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

nicci1999

Gymnast
Hey guys, sorry if I am posting this in the wrong area, but I just have a quick question. Do gymnastics leos run small? Because I have been wearing some of my ballet leos from when I was about 15 lbs heavier, and I was ordering smaller sizes, but according to my measurements, I'm like, 2 sizes bigger for gymnastics leos than what my ballet leos are? Sadly, there are NO places around here that sell gymnastics leos, as far as I know(tons of ballet shops though) I would have to travel like, 3 hours to a place I know of, so my best bet is ordering offline. So I have NO idea what size I should wear, if I should go by my measurements or if I should go by my ballet leo size. Sorry such a long post thanks in advance for the help!

I think that the measurements most leo makes provide are pretty accurate, of course they vary by manufacturer, so you need a soft tape measure to check whenever you order a leo from a new brand.

I have heard that the girth is the most important measurement, but I would definitely measure everything and then see where you fall. Girth is also called torso (I think GK uses that term) and you measure it like this: taken from the center of the shoulder, down the front, through the crotch, and up the back to the starting point.

Thanks! It could also be because I could only find one of the more industrial tape measure rs, need to get a soft one, maybe that is what made my measurements seem a bit obscene!

Certainly go by the measurements the manufacturer has on their site. I've found for my gymmie's build gk seems to run a little small for her, so we get the next size up. If in doubt call the manufacturer and ask after you've got your measurements. I'll add to what Mariposamama said about the cloth tape measure---have someone else help you to make sure the numbers are accurate.

Certainly go by the measurements the manufacturer has on their site. I've found for my gymmie's build gk seems to run a little small for her, so we get the next size up.

That's funny because GK runs a bit big on my dd! It all has to do with body type I think. I agree - use a cloth measuring tape. The hardware tape measures don't work. On average, I think the girth is most important for younger girls but for teen ans adults, the hips and chest become more important.

alison

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back