WAG Leotard ride up "in front" eek

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My whole team had this same problem one year with our very light colored Leos. We bought the tan dancer's leotards that were mentioned above and wore those. You could still see the outline of the dancer's leotard but it was way better than seeing outlines of other things!

Our coach still thought our Leos were beautiful(they weren't. Gymnasts from other teams would come over to us and tell us they were sorry that we had to wear those Leos!) but she never got light colored Leos again!

Then when I was on a different team I totally warned the head coach about the light colored Leo problems and she still got us light colored Leos anyway! Good thing I had my tan Leo ready!

Sew in a gusset lining out of some stretch cotton so it's somewhat thicker than lycra. It will hopefully fix the problem in the required area with the least fuss when getting in and out of it.
The under leotard might be a problem given how hard you say it is to get her into the leotard (unless that was someone else).
It does sound like it's too tight though.

Line the gusset of one of her other leotards and see if it helps. Then try the competition one. You'll need to make sure it's sufficiently stretched out when measuring the lining and sewing it in. Have a look at another undergarment to see where the lining should be.

You could also try having a local seamstress sew a full or partial liner into the inside of her leotard. It was inexpensive ($10). For us, this was always easier than wearing undergarments that never stayed in place.

Apologies. I debated whether to ask this here as I thought about that possibility. Feel free to delete!
It was not directed at you, your post was fine.

It is about the topic We have found that these threads just attract creepers. Check out how many views this topic has received compared to others.

G
Possibly - the ultra-fitted comp leo is the worst offender, but that is what they fit her in using the sample sizing GK leos. I can barely get it on her without ripping the neck trying to get her arms in. She's says it's comfy, though. I have also noticed her getting that wedgie in leos that appear a bit too loose in the crotch area (too much fabric?), but otherwise well fitted, so the extra fabric gets stuck in an unsightly way.

I avoid making a habit of glancing at other girls' leo fittedness in that area(!) so I'm trying to figure out if this is a common problem, or a problem with the garment, or just normal...?
K Sample sizers are nylon... if the comp leo is not nylon, then the fit will be different.

I know the OP wasn't talking about light colored leos, but I just had to say every time I see a gymnast in a light colored leo I can't even appreciate how/if the leos are pretty because I'm too busy thinking about the extra fuss that goes into wearing one. My DD is dark complected and that just seems like it would be a disaster for her.

Another option for less visible panty lines is to get a nude colored camisole leotard to wear underneath. As a dancer, we wore these under almost all of our costumes, especially in the ballet company where costumes were sometimes shared. They are usually $15-$20. Some of them, like the one linked below, are seamless and pretty invisible under whatever.

http://www.discountdance.com/dancewear/style_N234.html?pid=7749&Shop=Style&&skey=Nude Leotard&search=true&SID=604071126

This is what I use

We have a darker Leo (alpha factor) but it seems thin compared to her others. I'm thankful she is young and will hopefully be in the long sleeve Leo before she is old enough for this to matter. We typically have the velour fabric for the long sleeve which helps combat the issue.

There were some light colored (albeit I thought very pretty) Leos during jr P&G....you could def tell there were undergarments but I would rather you could tell there were undergarments than the alternative. Coaches that have a problem with non seamless look to the Leo need to make better choices when picking the leo

How about me??? I am dreading what is going to happen when I have an entire team wearing the biketards. I don't know if they can wear underwear at all without it showing really bad. Luckily, the material is black.

I like the bodysuit liner idea, but I haven't seen one online for a child that looks high cut enough not to show at the leg openings. Our GK comp leos are kinda high cut, very similar to this (public) pic of beautiful Kyla. They are also a mix of light and medium colors.

My DD is also rather thinner-hipped (a longer, leaner frame) than her team-mates, and I think this may emphasize the height of the cut. It's like the leg openings of a fitted leo stretch only vertically when worn - not horizontally as much as it does on a shorter, wider-hipped gymmie. I don't know...

Thanks for all the ideas and feedback on your own leo wars! I also love the gusset idea, though I have no idea how to find a seamstress who knows what she's doing with a $250 leo, so that part is scary.... I can barely sew a button on a shirt. lol.

Any bodysuit brands that will be invisible in a high cut leo?

upload_2014-8-26_10-13-49.png

Justice carry a no seam undies for like $4 nude or white, and also available in high waist (thin straps) or regular fit. I bought my dd a couple pairs.

My DD has a few leos that um, need shorts for practice with. When she tried on a new leo, I have her straddle and split and just stand straight with her legs together to see if anything shows. Thank God we are in a gym that makes the girls wear undergarments under the comp leos. For the past couple years we had gotten the ones from aerialsbyalphafactor but they no longer sale them which sucks cuz they were very good! couldnt notice they were wearing them! I was told that the HC was going to order them from somewhere else but I havent heard anything more about that.

My DD has a few leos that um, need shorts for practice with. When she tried on a new leo, I have her straddle and split and just stand straight with her legs together to see if anything shows. Thank God we are in a gym that makes the girls wear undergarments under the comp leos. For the past couple years we had gotten the ones from aerialsbyalphafactor but they no longer sale them which sucks cuz they were very good! couldnt notice they were wearing them! I was told that the HC was going to order them from somewhere else but I havent heard anything more about that.
Is there a particular undergarment they discontinued? Alpha Factor does still sell undergarments. I just recently bought my dd some undergarments from Alpha Factor.

I cant remember what the name of it was, they do still have one kind on there but not the ones HC wants. I do know it was like $15 plus shipping (which IMO is way too much for a pair of undies lol) The ones they have on there now requests to design them or whatever, which was not the ones we bought before. The ones before were simple - just ordered the color and fabric and size and you were done. Couldnt put any designs or rhinestones on it or anything.

I know the OP wasn't talking about light colored leos, but I just had to say every time I see a gymnast in a light colored leo I can't even appreciate how/if the leos are pretty because I'm too busy thinking about the extra fuss that goes into wearing one. My DD is dark complected and that just seems like it would be a disaster for her.

Not to mention when they get older and puberty hits and they especially have darker hair if you get where Im going with this. So glad my child has blonde hair and fine color skin is all Im going to say about that haha.

How about me??? I am dreading what is going to happen when I have an entire team wearing the biketards. I don't know if they can wear underwear at all without it showing really bad. Luckily, the material is black.

They might be best with boy short cut undies not too tight fitting. Then you won't get a line across the butt cheek. Biketards definitely look better with undies than without. Even if they show a little line.

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back