Leotard squabble and creeper gymnast

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This is kind of silly... XD

Well, I only have 2 leotards and both are wearing out (one is over a year old and the other has sweat stains on it). There was one that I wanted to buy, but this other girl put it in "reserve" (basically just put it on a shelf above the others). The other ones I like are either too small or too big, but this one fits perfectly. It's been up there for like 3 weeks, and I've seen other ones on the shelf stay there for longer. I asked if she was going to buy it, and she said "yeah probably". :confused:

I'm planning on buying it next time I go to practice, because I'm ready to buy it NOW-- no waiting around. I know this is probably bad gymnast etiquette, but she has plenty of nice leotards, and I don't even think this leotard is in her size. I'm an adult medium and she's a good 6+ inches shorter than me. She's built... solidly but I don't think she's and adult MEDIUM. I'm 5'7, pretty tall, so...

My concern is, she's a volatile person and I'm worried she might spontaneously combust if she sees I bought "her" leotard. We're on the same level team, so I see her every practice. And she has stalker tendencies... She looked at all my facebook photos and asks me weird questions like

"what did you eat for breakfast this morning?" "Why do you always bring yogurt to practice?" "Why didn't you do level 4?" "Why do you want to be on team so much?" "What's in your purse?" "What else is in your purse?" "What kind of clothes?" "Have you eaten a banana today?" etc. etc. (these are all actual questions she's asked me!).

Yeah... How do I handle this?! :eek:

If you see her everyday ask her and explain just like you have here! If you are polite Im sure she will understand and say go ahead.

Her questions are funny but it sounds like she wants to be your friend but doesn't know what to say. If you don't want to be too friendly just don't get into too much conversation with her.

Hahahahaha. "Have you eaten a banana today?" hahahahaha. If they sell it to you I would just get it and then feign confusion if she asks like "oh, I think this is another one. Is the one you put up gone? Oh, I don't know...I thought they sold it to me because they got another one? Are you sure? Well maybe you should ask them, so next time they put it away until you can get it" etc.

IF she questions it you could always say Oh I'm sorry it was back on the rack so I thought that you changed your mind. I could understand a short time till maybe next time she came in to buy it but not for a couple of weeks or longer it's time for it to be put back with the others in case someone else wants to buy it.

IF she questions it you could always say Oh I'm sorry it was back on the rack so I thought that you changed your mind. I could understand a short time till maybe next time she came in to buy it but not for a couple of weeks or longer it's time for it to be put back with the others in case someone else wants to buy it.

I totally agree!!

I agree with the others in regards to what to say if she sees you with "her" leo. As for the creeper comments--I would take them as a compliment!!! She obviously admires you and wants to be like you :). Maybe she doesn't have too many friends and that is her way of trying to make friends with you.

Just buy it, if she's put it off for this long than it is fair game, especially if it's still on the rack for people to see and potentially purchase it.
As for the questions, some kids just seem nosey like that. Like others have said, it could very well be that she just wants to be your friend and doesn't know how else to go about it. But I also understand your frustration! But I would try to be patient with her at least a little longer, unless she is using the information to cause problems. Or you could try just saying, "Why do you want to know?"

BUY IT! and if she gets mad at you you can just be like, ''well you left it there for a long time so i didnt think you were gonna buy it." and she said she would PROBABLY buy it.. so yeah, go for it! :)

Buy it. I doubt she will after 3 weeks and she didn't say she was going to buy it, she said she probably would. If she wants it so bad, your gym could probably order in another one in her size. As for the creeper comments, they are kinda hilarious :) She probably just has more "weird craziness" in her than the average gymnast :p

Why don't you give her a heads-up, since you have to work with her...just let her know that you are also interested in buying that leo, and if she doesn't buy it by tomorrow, you will. She may have been saving up allowance money for it, and that's why its taken her so long (just looking at the other side, since I don't know her side of the story).

As for the questions, it sounds like she may be a little socially awkward and is trying to befriend you, but not quite sure how. Not all kids are naturally good at making friends. Even if she is just nosey, kindness toward anyone is usually the best solution. Could you try to steer the conversation more appropriately? If she asks you a question you find strange, try to change the topic to something you could both talk about. Good luck!

I'm planning on buying it tomorrow (I was going to buy it yesterday, but I got sick :(). On Tuesday one of the employees put it away for us, because apparently, the REAL way to reserve it is to ask someone to put it in a bag with your name on it. But it was freaky because the gymnast was like 5 feet away!! :eek:

Although... I kind of... Put it back near the rack one day in the heat of the moment and that may have turned things in my favor ^^;; I regretted it later but I didn't want to say I put it there...

I used to think she might just be trying to make friends, but she's said things to me and others that could be considered blunt or on the verge of insulting and she has apparently gone through people's belongings before (thankfully, I keep my stuff on the very top shelf, where hardly anyone else can reach!). She has also given the coaches attitude and cheated on conditioning (I've counted during partner conditioning, plus she tends to finish suspiciously quickly, and she doesn't go that fast). So in my experience, she hasn't been a very good person... XD

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back