WAG Leotards for Older gymnasts?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Dancewear solutions does have good prices and fast shipping, but I've found that there isn't much elastic at the bottom... it can be a bit saggy or it will move around a lot as there is no elastic to hold it in place. Not a problem if you are allowed shorts for training.
Melody leotards is another favourite of mine as you can choose your own colours. This allows you to stay away from bright neons or patterns.
Very true, the elastic on the leg seams is lower quality. The leos we got do have elastic, it's just not as tight as in the brand name leos. If you wear shorts for workout, I imagine it's fine.

Speaking of dreamlight leos, is the fit similar to gk? I wear an AL or AXL in gk because I'm really tall, and I noticed dreamlight has no Leos in those sizes right now... It's a shame, some of their leos are really beautiful (and on sale right now!)

Speaking of dreamlight leos, is the fit similar to gk? I wear an AL or AXL in gk because I'm really tall, and I noticed dreamlight has no Leos in those sizes right now... It's a shame, some of their leos are really beautiful (and on sale right now!)

YMMV, but my girls are a size smaller in dreamlight, 2 for the velvet leos. I've heard other people say otherwise, but we've owned a good number of dreamlights and they've always run big for us.

YMMV, but my girls are a size smaller in dreamlight, 2 for the velvet leos. I've heard other people say otherwise, but we've owned a good number of dreamlights and they've always run big for us.
I agree. I looked at the dream light size chart and their AM is the same size as AF and GO
AL.

My daughter has about 6 or 7 dreamlight and we bought the same size she normally wears and, while they fit fine, they ARE a big bigger than her other leos.
We noticed that some of the leos we have from there are made of a pretty stiff fabric. She LOVES the ones that aren't like that, but those three are often at the bottom of the leo rotation.

Wellllllll.... She's got a fairly wide chest/shoulders and a longish torso compared to the rest of her frame, and she also can't stand anything feeling "tight" near her underarms. :) So yes, it often means sizing up a little sooner than maybe the average kid might. That said, she's seriously outgrown all CL GK/UA workout leotards - she could maybe squeeze into 1 or 2 yet, but doesn't.

Her comp leo is a GK CL, and it has a little bit of give yet, but we find comp leos to run larger than the in-stock tanks (and no tank strap to bug her underarms...).

She's got room to grow in her AXS leos, but it definitely seems to be her 'size' these days. Except we've been buying AS in Plum.

I'd definitely suggest trying an AS or AM in Plum. It seems to be pretty universal that they run about a size or so smaller than GK.

Okay thank you so much! Im definitely considering purchasing a leo or two.

I've found that I wear an ADXS (with more stretchy material a 12-14) in Dreamlight although I wear an adult small in GK. So a Dreamlight AM would probably fit you if you typically wear a GK AL but I would take your measurements and double check on their size chart.

We get Dreamlight leos at a meet and most of my girls get their normal street clothes size, I think if you compare sizing to GK it works out to be about 1 size smaller- not sure if it's enough to size down. I think part of that might be that they have an extra child size (at least I don't think GK usually has a CXL). My girls have had a few issues with the seam on the underarm bugging them, not enough to stop wearing the leos, though.
I've heard from multiple sources that Plum run small and to size up.

Okay thank you, I currently wear an AXS at 5'2" and 105 lbs. I have a stockier physique. Does your daughter typically prefer not super snug leos? I think when I was that size I wore a CL. Maybe I'm just crazy.

My DD LOVES plum. But if I were you I'd size up a little more. My DD is 5' and 85 lbs and wears the AS and it fits her well. She is all legs and has a short torso. I do think that these will fit her for at least the next year. I'd bump up to an AM if I were ordering for you.

My DD LOVES plum. But if I were you I'd size up a little more. My DD is 5' and 85 lbs and wears the AS and it fits her well. She is all legs and has a short torso. I do think that these will fit her for at least the next year. I'd bump up to an AM if I were ordering for you.

Okay thanks! I probably need an AM considering I have big thighs ( I guess you could say I'm more a Shawn than a Nastia[emoji6]) and I don't want anything that cuts into them.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back