Parents leotards for tiny kids?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter is happy. She loves what she's doing and that's really all I care about.

Which is what being a mum is all about. She's only little, and that little spine of hers needs to get her through her entire life.

Please read the links that have been provided to you. You have joined a community with a huge knowledge base. Take advantage of it!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using ChalkBucket mobile app

My daughter is just about 3 in a half. We're very new to gymnastics obviously. I took when I was 3 and 4 and ultimately did not like it so I ended up dancing for 18 years. My daughter is very very tiny for her age. She is absolutely in love with gymnastics and has progressed quickly. Her coaches seem pleased with her although we have no clue what she's doing most of the time. We only put her in gymnastics because she hated dance and we had no clue what to do with her energy. She currently takes a L3 class twice a week. She wants to wear a leotard like all of the other kids but because of her size I'm finding it kind of hard to get her one that fits. From what I can tell most toddler sized leotards start at about 2T size range. She wears anything from 9 months to 2T in street clothes. She needs 2T for length especially in pants but she only weighs 20 lbs so everything falls right off her waist. I've been buying her biketard leos or bike shorts to wear with her leotards because they are usually way too big in the crotch and I don't want her flashing people. Does anyone know of a place where they have smaller leotards for smaller kiddos or leotards that run a little smaller? I've had my mom make her a few but I don't want to rely on my mom making her new leotards all the time.

P.S I apologize in advance for any stupid newbie questions I might ask :)

I would suggest gymdigs. They custom make leotards and if you don't fit the standard sizes, they can use your measurements to make them. I, personally, wanted to test them, so I gave them MY (very non-gymnastics body) measurements and asked them to make me a biketard. I was SHOCKED that it actually fit... although the arm holes were too big and the legs were too loose (my fault... not only am i really large, but I am oddly shaped too... and they were willing to fix it for me OR give me my money back).
Gymnastic Leotards by Gym Digs - Gymnastics Apparel
You can pick from the designs and colors they already have, OR you can pick a style and choose your own color scheme. Using custom sizing will add $6 to the price though, so other options listed my be cheaper.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back