WAG Leotards... sport bras... spandex... etc.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 17723

What do you or your gymmie wear to practice? And what brand does she wear?

I typically wear a sport bra, leotard, spandex shorts... the week before a meet I skip shorts :) the older girls (optionals) typically wear a sport bra with a leo rolled down and shorts :oops: I hate when they roll down the leo... I mean, whats the point of putting one on? During the summer its a different story, we all do sport bras and shorts.

Leotard Brands: GK (only 1, so expensive!:rolleyes:), Alpha factor (3), Jillybean Leotards (LOVE! My favorite leo :p 1) , FlipFlop leos from Ebay (don't really like them :oops: 2), Flip n' fit (1), and a few my friends mom made me :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sport bras: just target (champion) and marshalls :p:D

Spandex: I have two pairs of Soffee spandex that are great (although they are meant for cheerleading) and some from walmart, and a GK pair.

What about you guys?

They roll down the leo? Yikes. That would not fly in our gym. All of our girls levels 2-10 wear a regular tank leo to practice. Those who need to wear a sports bra under. No shorts, no bare bellies, no (egads) rolling of leo. Maybe we're an exception?

I know... I hate it :mad: During the summer many wear sport bras and spandex, and put a leo on for events (conditioning, stretch, running we can wear basically anything)
It looks hideous but they are old enough to make there own decisions...

Our girls are not allowed to wear anything other than a Leo (worn properly) and if needed, a sports bra under. No shorts, ever. No two piece outfits. Every now and then they are allowed to wear their warmup pants during warmups in the winter if the gym is especially cold, but they come off as soon as the girls are warmed up. :)

No rolling of a leo in our gym. I'm not sure I can even picture that? Doesn't it get caught on things?

Sports bras only under a leo and no shorts. A sports bra/spandex shorts outfit would never fly in our gym either.

Most of my DD's leos are GK, Adidas, or Under Armour. They are expensive but my dd is a slow grower and for that reason I don't mind paying for a quality leo that can be washed over and over again.

No rolling of a leo in our gym. I'm not sure I can even picture that? Doesn't it get caught on things?

Sports bras only under a leo and no shorts. A sports bra/spandex shorts outfit would never fly in our gym either.

Most of my DD's leos are GK, Adidas, or Under Armour. They are expensive but my dd is a slow grower and for that reason I don't mind paying for a quality leo that can be washed over and over again.
It doesn't really get caught, they pull it up for bars. I'm a very fast grower (almost 3 inches since last year!!!!) so we try to get some cheaper leos until I stop growing.... I still don't understand why something so thin and small can be so much money!

We don't get to roll do our leo, but I wear a leo to practice I love ozone and adidas leos, a Nike sports bra and pants or spandex, I have a bunch of different brands

I would hope that you have their permission to post a picture of them like that in public, I for one would not be happy if it was my daughter.
I do, plus all three of them have public instagrams and posted it on there :rolleyes:

A thread with a title like this one attracts all the wrong kind of people. Sad, but true. We have a bajillion creepers on here at one one moment. I can guarantee a ton of them are not here because they love gymnastics.

A mod deleted the photo, not me, very wisely too.

It doesn't really get caught, they pull it up for bars. I'm a very fast grower (almost 3 inches since last year!!!!) so we try to get some cheaper leos until I stop growing.... I still don't understand why something so thin and small can be so much money!
Alpha Factor has $12 Tues sales. They also always have some leos on clearance. It's a good way to get a quality leo for little money. At my dd's gym the girls wear leos and sports bras if needed. Some wear shorts too, many don't.

Only a leo and sports bra at our gym. Bar shorts are allowed M-TH, but not Fr-Sat (unless the gymmie needs to for period reasons.)
THe Fr-Sat rule is so the girls don't get in the habit of yanking down their leos when they are w/o shorts. HC made this rule after some of the older girls were "adjusting" their competition leo on events, so they have to practice 2 days w/o shorts a week.

Bodysuit (no sparkles), Ivivva shorts & Nike sports bra is my typical practice uniform. Sunday morning warmup is nearly always in PJ pants and grippy fuzzy socks :) as HC is a little more lenient that day. No rolling of the bodysuit in my gym either, HC would throw the offender out of the gym!

I've seen rec kids at our gym do it but no comp girls are allowed, all comp girls must wear a leo, most wear shorts to except the occasional younger kid.The little kids do it because that is what the older kids do according to my youngest dd (7). Our gym isn't too strict on dress code but that's one thing they are strict on.often times they will wear warmup pants or leggings, and t shirts for warm up, As far as what leos they wear they wear a little bit of everything gk, plum, alpha factor, jagwear.

A thread with a title like this one attracts all the wrong kind of people. Sad, but true. We have a bajillion creepers on here at one one moment. I can guarantee a ton of them are not here because they love gymnastics.

A mod deleted the photo, not me, very wisely too.
That is very true Bog! I didn't really think about the creepers.... I will next time! I am sorry!!! I can delete this if you would like. I was just curious about what others wore and there gym rules :oops:;)

Only a leo and sports bra at our gym. Bar shorts are allowed M-TH, but not Fr-Sat (unless the gymmie needs to for period reasons.)
THe Fr-Sat rule is so the girls don't get in the habit of yanking down their leos when they are w/o shorts. HC made this rule after some of the older girls were "adjusting" their competition leo on events, so they have to practice 2 days w/o shorts a week.
I like that; the only thing I don't is the girl with her period will feel singled out because everyone will know she has her period. Embarrassing for us teens :oops:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back