Welcome Gymnastics Fans!

ChalkBucket was created in September of 2005 to help everyone learn more about gymnastics.

Joining ChalkBucket not only allows you access to the main forums... but also to our "Social Groups". Around 25% of our conversations now happen in the "Social Groups" which are only available to members.

Leotards: the good, the bad, and the ugly

Discussion in 'Other Gymnastics' started by GAgymmom, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duyetanh likes this.
  2. Those Milano ones on the link are all very old and not available any more over here. The men's ones have improved.
    The ladies on the other hand are going completely downhill. As commented above there are so many that are made to look as if they are see through with plunging necklines etc. I won't buy Milano for my daughter any more because of it. But then it seems to be a bit of a trend in the UK at the moment. Lots of gym parents think I am fuddy duddy because 'they are lined'. Yes. Lined with nude mesh to give the impression of being see through.
    But I'll get off my soapbox for now as I could rant for England!

3. Sorry - replied to the wrong post. It's the first time I've commented on the new forum style. I meant the British team ones with the side mesh was when I stopped buying Milano. Although my DD does still have one of their velour leotards that is very comfy and good for bad gym days when she feels like she needs a hug. So I should give them that.

4. Oh no I don’t like that either.
    Sometimes it seems that leotard manufactures try to put do each other rather than just make traditional leotards that are either pretty or as my dd prefers a bright funky/jazzy fabric but no nude mesh or random holes / straps.

tumbletop and PinPin like this.
  5. Those men’s leotards are currently on the Milano website

6. I’ll be honest and say I’m a fan of the mesh. But- my DD is older, and I really miss her time in rhythmic, so.. The cut outs are a whole other story. Just a no for me.

7. I guess that’s the thing, everyone has different tastes and personal preferences.
    I guess who ever designs the leotards we don’t like they must of liked or thought looked good.

MILgymFAM likes this.
  8. goodness, I hadn't spotted them in the digitex section. Fortunately onlyleft in the very large or very small sizes. But then that makes me think that they must have sold at least some in the middle age range :-O

PinPin and Taxidriver like this.
  9. The medallion one is hilarious. I love it.

10. literally NO comment about the mens.... lol

11. My thought on these.... won't they get a stomach burn on the bar or something? I mean our girls can't wear 2 pieces like dance and cheer for what I assume to be that reason.

Lisbeth, Musicmama and Taxidriver like this.
  12. GAgymmom likes this.
  13. Even worse, the boys at my DD old gym almost all wore the Milano digitex range :eek: she left around 3 years ago so they might still be!

14. Some of these have to be a joke right.....right???o_O

duyetanh likes this.
  15. Agreed. And I am sorry, call me a prude...but I feel the whole hole in the middle thing is just not it. Eww.

16. Plum Practicewear leos are pretty good
    don´t you think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice