Parents Let the uptraining of new skills begin! :) New staff and changes lay ahead.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

When we arrived at gym last night we were greeted by some new staff. We now have a dance instructor on staff, and a well known coach who has coached several level 10's. He wanted to get back into the game. And was our coaches mentor.
The girls LOVED it. The girls worked on KIPS, front hip circles(this is the group they want to move to four), and all the girls worked on cast to handstand. He had to leave early and the girls were begging him to stay. It was a very enjoyable practice. He tried to learn all the girls names and was very friendly to them all. They were all so excited.
My youngest announced that she almost has her kip. LOL That after a couple more practices, she will have it. LOL the confidence of young ones. My oldest was jealous that her group didn't get to work with him as much!
They are very ready for new stuff and are so eager. :) It was an amazing practice. So despite some girls leaving, life goes on. It was a wonderful experience. I am thrilled with what my girls have in their future.

Sounds like a great start to the new season's practice.

Our girls don't start the big uptraining until after states in April. but I know they are planning on my DD being L8 - she has to get the skills but they think she will get them no problem.

Awesome! What an exciting night for your DD. It sounds like some really positive changes for your gym.

We finished our season in February and our girls have been uptraining the last week and a half. I have never seen my daughter so excited to go to the gym. It is so much fun to watch them work on new skills. However, my DD is moving to level 6 and is starting to realize that she doesn't pick things up as quickly as others and was quite upset last night even though I thought she did very well. She was one of only two that did their BWO's on the high beam and the only one with a free-hip. However, she is only focusing on the fact that she is struggling with the baby giant and front tuck while other's are doing them more easily. I think it was easier when she thought her skills were wonderful even though they were FAR from clean! ;-)

dethompson, I have 2 daughters. They are polar opposites. One -El-picks up on things quickly, and quietly. The other_Em_ struggles, but when she gets them they are great. Em is a take longer to get things as she analyzes it to death. She way over thinks it. Her coach says it takes her a complete year per level to score really well as she analyzes things. Younger daughter El is accused of muscling her way through skills. She can do them, but they won't have the grace her sister has. Also-Em is a perfectionist. She doesn't always appreciate what she can do and sometimes like your daughter will focus on what she can't do. Her coach is always telling her to focus on herself and not worry about the other girls. :) I always say if I could take a bit of each of my girls and mix them together then we would have a perfect gymnast.

Wow, that had to be so exciting for them. And it was pretty neat that he took the time to try and make each one feel speical by remembering their names. All the best to you DD and her uptraining. Sounds like alot of the kiddos are moving on up. Big congrats to her.

Sounds really positive!

We are heavily uptraining at the moment too, working on kips, ROBHSBHS, tucks and various things. It's fun, and yesterday Dani worked so hard on new skills without any goofing off - they like the challenge rather than the same routines over and over.

Wow, sounds like a wonderful breath of fresh air for your gym! Very exciting for the girls to be uptraining. I love how excited they get about uptraining, particularly once the stress of meet season is over. We do a little uptraining during the year, but will start in earnest once States is over (end of March).

Sounds like fun. My dd is getting bored with routines right now. Thank goodness she will be done with those for a while after state this weekend.

How fun - and with a new (well, old, but new to them) coach, too! Uptraining started for Q this week. She loves it!

My Q and your Em sound a LOT alike.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News