Let's Talk Leotards:o)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I rationalize the leo addition this way: Flipper goes 5 days a week and having lots of leos keeps me from doing laundry all the time. She prefers velvet/velour, but in the summer likes the spandex GKs or Alpha Factor. She hates foil or very shiny leos - says they make her arms cold. Of course, this is the same child who gets cold when swimming in 104 degree weather. She won't wear long sleeves except for competition.

I rationalize the leo addition this way: Flipper goes 5 days a week and having lots of leos keeps me from doing laundry all the time.

I will have to use this to justify it to my DH. I keep telling him that I saved such and such amount of money but he just says I'm going to make him go broke saving him money! LOL.

My DD wears mostly GK and Alpha factor. I've found they fit best for her body type. We've gotten others that are either too wide at the waist or to broad in the shoulders. Now we stick with what we know fits well. I get them on Ebay although now that she's growing they are getting harder to win. Our gym permits any leo you chose for training. The girls do have a *Comp/pre-comp suit day* twice a month where they get to sport their very expensive *pretty* suits. :eek:)

I will have to use this to justify it to my DH. I keep telling him that I saved such and such amount of money but he just says I'm going to make him go broke saving him money! LOL.

You can remind him also that the resale value is pretty good on used suits too. :eek:)

Anyone have a purple fireworks Adidas leotard from the Olympic line in a size cxs or cs that they can no longer use? My dd wants that leotard but alas she was two young when it came out to be interested in leotards. PM me if you do and you wish to sell it to her.

I just sent 22 to the gym to sell on. They always have a rack and mine sell very fast as I buy in the US. My girls still have many in their drawer. The money we get from selling will go to new ones!

Apologies for bumping this old thread, but it was a relief to see other leotard-buying addicts! I think I need to join LBA! My DD trains twice a week and has 8 sleeveless leos and 4 long-sleeve leos (not counting her club competition one), plus a few more I've put away in the next couple of sizes up! I love getting bargains on TradeMe (like ebay), it is almost like a hobby! It is good to have plenty of spares so that I don't have to worry about having them washed and dried in time (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!). Also, DD is a girly girl who loves dressing up so it adds to the fun for her - I mean gymnastics can be hard work but if you look like a princess in a pink sparkly leotard it's a lot more fun!

At our gym they mostly wear sleeveless leos, but in winter some girls do wear long-sleeve leos for warmth. I'd never heard of sleeves being a problem on the bars, that seems strange since they compete in long-sleeved leos.

Oh... we are definitely a leo obsessed family! Haha! It's seriously an addiction I was not prepared for when my oldest started gym almost 2 years ago.

My oldest has 18 leos (she JUST moved up a size in basically all her leos... all outgrown leos went to Rylee - and they all fit her nicely - and we've been buying new for her).

My 4y/o has 28 leos (but she gets all of Alexis' leos as she outgrows them).

Christmas and birthdays that's definitely always one thing they put on their lists... more leos! They LOVE leos!!

We buy mostly GK! LOVE LOVE LOVE GK leos! We have a few other brands and after washing they just don't stay as nice looking as GK (IMO)! And since we pass them down (3 girls) I need them to stay nice! My girls don't really care for velvet leos/shorts.

I can't stop buying cute leos for my DD! She has a TON! I love the Snowflake brand and we just took a trip to the GK outlet. She said the velvet ones were too hot so I had to get some regular ones for her camps this summer. I buy on ebay too. I've sworn not to buy any more until Christmas.

I have to stop purchasing leos for awhile. My child has at least 10 of them. I buy some from the store at her gymnastics facility, some from GKElite, and some from eBay. We have only tried the GK and Adidas brands.

I personally only have about 5 leos. I do sometimes wish I had more, considering one of those doesn't fit me well and one is velvet which I don't like in the summer.
I have never worn a long sleeved leo in my life, I don't think they are comfy and even in the winter when your in the gym your going to get hot.

I have 2 little sisters and thrift stores and consignment shops are wonderful for finding leotards in that size. I rarely find them in my size or in adult sizes at all. But child sizes we've found barely used GK leos for $2.

Didn't even think about ebay for leos....DD didn't like hers during the preschool class, complained about it riding up so she just wore leggings and a t-shirt but she needs one now for the pre-team class...hoping I can find one she likes.

I am a sucker for children's clothing as it is and cannot pass up a good deal. Laila has around 9 swimming suits if that tells you anything! As for leotards here is what she has.
CXS-3 skirted leos (she does cheer and dance also), 1 biketard, 1 long sleeved dance leo, and 3 regular? leos
CS-2 leos
CM-1 leo
CL-4 leos

she's only three!? All of the larger sized leotards are GK and are from cosignment or thrift stores, and cost me less than 5 dollars each. Thinking of re-selling them for smaller sizes.

As far as materials go, she's really into velour.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back