WAG Level 10 Floor

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DefiniteMaybe

Proud Parent
I’m so confused about the new level 10 floor requirements and was wondering if anybody here could explain. My understanding was that there must be 3 D passes OR 2 D passes and a third pass with at least a B plus a C. I saw a lot of 10.0 start values at States, but I couldn’t make much sense of it since many of those floor routines didn’t have 2 D passes.
Also, would somebody give me a few example sets of passes that meet the requirement?

Are those actual requirements or not up to level requirements? If it's the latter, SV would still be 10.0 (or 9.5, or something in between, depending on bonus) even if they aren't met. They are deductions

Jard is correct. The new L10 (& L9) "requirements" are clarifications on the existing up to level deductions which were being applied too inconsistently. They are not special requirements or value part requirements or even required at all. It is possible to have a 10.0 SV on a L10 routine with no D saltos by using D/E dance skills and B+C/C+C connections. The up to level deduction is up to 0.2 so it helps differentiate between a difficult, clean routine and a moderate, clean routine, but a difficult messy routine will not beat a moderate clean routine and all might have 10.0 SVs.

USAG's appendix with a description of these deductions also gives some sample "no deductions" routines:
https://usagym.org/PDFs/Women/Rules/J.O. Code of Points/appndx15_level910compguidelines_0917.pdf

There has been a lot of focus this year on the "acro up to level" deduction this year because it is the first year that they defined it in the code. As stated above it is only up to .2 and there is still variance within that .2. Also, remember that this is only one of a whole list of composition deductions, which seem to get less attention but are equally important. And, while they are not 'requirements' you may see top gyms using them as requirements in their gym for gymnasts to move up a level.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back