MAG Level 10 vault

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

ZJsMom

Proud Parent
Can anyone tell me how it works when the gymnast does two vaults? I have the bonus table, so I know what that is, but does the average of the two vaults go into his AA score, or just the first vault? Thanks!

I thought the first one went into the aa score, and the 2nd one was used for the vault championship, but I could be wrong...

what 2 vaults is he doing?

The first vault is scored and that is your "base". The second vault is attempted and scored. If the 2nd vault "received no single large deduction" (they're pretty lenient on this), then bonus is awarded. The calculate the bonus add the start values of the two vaults together and use the bonus table. The bonus is added to the score from the first vault to produce the final score. (note that the vault bonus table was adjusted in update #1)

It's a little complicated, but basically the 2nd vault is only for bonus. The 1st vault is your scoring vault.

ZJsMom,
The Yurchenko Stretch - 3.6, and the Tsuk Pike - 3.0. (sum .6.6) Potential bonus would be .2.
His final score would be the score of the Yurchenko +.2
If the Tsuk is also stretched the bonus would be .3, and once he starts twisting the bonuses go up dramatically.

Good Luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back