WAG Level 10?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi, I'm currently a level 5/6 gymnast and I'm a freshman in high school. My dream is to be a collegiate gymnast, or to reach level 9/10 before I graduate high school. I was told by my coaches that I can move up to Level 7 next summer. (Before sophomore year) Once I reach that level, I will be training 16-20 hours a week. Is my goal achievable? (I'm very dedicated to goals once I set my mind to them btw.)

Of course it is possible, but it will be difficult to achieve. It's good that you are dedicated to your goals because you will definitely need that dedication. If you compete level 7 sophomore year, and compete a level up every year after that you can compete level 9 in your senior season. However, a lot of girls tend to repeat level 8 and level 9, so it is going to be a challenge to move up a level every single year, and even if you get to level 9 by your senior year, you will need to be an outstanding level 9 in order to be accepted to any college gymnastics programs, even as a walk on. The only way you'll be able to make it to level 10 by the time you graduate high school, is by skipping levels. This route is even more difficult, but it is possible. Either way, I think it is possible for you to achieve your goal of being a level 9 if you work really hard. However, it's pretty unlikely that you will become a level 10 or make it to a college gymnastics team. Another option to consider after high school is adult gymnastics. I know that adult gymnastics is becoming more and more common, so if you want to continue your gymnastics career after high school, it won't be too difficult to find a gym that has adult classes. My advice to you is to work your butt off and make every second that you have in the gym count. Tell your coach your goals and ask them how they can help you achieve them. Good luck!

Of course it is possible, but it will be difficult to achieve. It's good that you are dedicated to your goals because you will definitely need that dedication. If you compete level 7 sophomore year, and compete a level up every year after that you can compete level 9 in your senior season. However, a lot of girls tend to repeat level 8 and level 9, so it is going to be a challenge to move up a level every single year, and even if you get to level 9 by your senior year, you will need to be an outstanding level 9 in order to be accepted to any college gymnastics programs, even as a walk on. The only way you'll be able to make it to level 10 by the time you graduate high school, is by skipping levels. This route is even more difficult, but it is possible. Either way, I think it is possible for you to achieve your goal of being a level 9 if you work really hard. However, it's pretty unlikely that you will become a level 10 or make it to a college gymnastics team. Another option to consider after high school is adult gymnastics. I know that adult gymnastics is becoming more and more common, so if you want to continue your gymnastics career after high school, it won't be too difficult to find a gym that has adult classes. My advice to you is to work your butt off and make every second that you have in the gym count. Tell your coach your goals and ask them how they can help you achieve them. Good luck!
This is very helpful! Thank you so much!

I prefer not to say my exact age if that's okay.
Definitely not trying to give you a hard time, and you have a very valid question and one which is great for discussion, but for everyone’s safety we have a rule that you must be 16 to join Chalkbucket. Most highschool freshman start the year at 14 then turn 15. My highschool sophomore won’t be 16 for another 6 months, so I assume you aren’t 16 yet. Please come back when you are. Work hard and listen to your coaches. Like others have said, it definitively will be difficult to go from L5/6 to L9/10 in only 3-4 years, but it certainly has been done! Good luck to you.

I know the OP is banned because she's too young but in case she gets on here and reads this I'm just going to out this out there that I do not think her goal of being a level 9/10 is achievable given where she is now as a freshman level 5....I'm assuming she's been in gymnastics all along and if this is as far as she's progressed to date in not even being out of compulsories...jumping through the optional levels is just not going to happen in 3 years. I think it's unrealistic to think that it's going to happen and get her hopes up as the upper level optionals are hard and will be even more difficult given her slower path.

Not to say she could not do gymnastics in college ... Rhode Island College regularly has gymnasts in the level 7/8/Excell backgrounds so that would be an option. There's also club gymnastics at many schools that she could pursue. Given her current age and level, I'd say D1 and even 2 are off the table.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back