Level 3 bars- leg cut/ shoot through?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey Everyone,

Today I brought my little niece to an open gym at my work (she is on the level 3 team at another gym). Her first meet is coming up at the end of the month, so she wanted help on her routines. She was asking to be spotted for a shoot through before her mill circle. I was confused because I thought the USAG level 3 bars had a leg cut, not a shoot through. I tried asking if that is the way her coach taught them for competition or if it was something they were uptraining for level 4. Since she is young, I'm not sure if she knows the difference in what I was asking. I demonstrated both and she said the shoot through is what they normally do. Is this correct? Before she comes to the next open gym, I would like to clear this up, so as not to confuse her! Sooo, which is it... leg cut or shoot through before the mill circle in USAG level 3 bars?

i thought it was a leg cut. i don't do 3 so hopefully someone will chime in. seems i haven't seen a single leg shoot thru in years. i'm old...

It's a forward leg cut. It is pretty hard for L3s to do so maybe they just figured to teach the shoot through, I don't know. You'd have to ask her coach. I would just ask her to do the routine the way she does it in her practice or maybe go watch a practice if you're going to help her.

L4 has a single leg shoot through, and a backward leg cut, but L3 has forward leg cut too.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back