Level 4 Beam Routine Time Limit

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi, is there a set time in the rule book for all L4 beam competitions? Can the judges change that from meet to meet. Thanks

I'm fairly sure there is a time limit. I don't think it varies from meet to meet. Probably something like a minute and a half? I forget...

Hi, is there a set time in the rule book for all L4 beam competitions? Can the judges change that from meet to meet. Thanks

In USAG - Oh you bet there is a time limit. A stopwatch for those going over the limit with deductions if you go over and everything. When you have 10 sec left you will get a bell ding when you go over you get a double ding. You also are timed when you fall off. you only have so much time to get back up before you get another deduction. I'm not sure what the time limit is as L4 seems like ages ago but all Levels have a limit.

If its a sanctioned meet then everyone follows the National rules of USAG (if that is the program you are doing) If its a meet for fun (unsanctioned - doesn't count to qualify for sectionals, states, etc) then the rules can be bent alot. And usually the fun meets everyone goes home with a fit full of ribbons.

Rule book says gymnast has 30 seconds to remount
time limit is 50seconds for level 4 and starts when the gymnasts feet leave the mat (I actually thought it was when they touch the beam so thats new to me - I do see alot on youtube standing with their hand resting on the beam for ages before starting and I wondered why)
overtime penulty 0.1

Thanks for all the response.

My question was specific to the actual time limit set by USAG. There doesn't seem to be a consistency in what everyone thinks what it really is. At our last Team Cup, the girls were given 55 seconds. Our gym has been working with 1 minute 10 seconds all season long without an incident (all sanctioned). Obviously, a bunch of our gymnasts got double-dinged.

50 seconds seem awful short for a routine that is not rushed.

our coach would rather the girls take the .10 deduction for going over than the .50 for a fall trying to rush.

50 is the USAG time. Perhaps some meets choose not to use it. I think some meets vary the beam height too.

USAG inreased all compulsory beam times on May 27, 2007 at the Technical Committee Meeting.

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]
Recommendation to increase the time for Level 4-6 Beam routines by 5 seconds:
Level 4: from :50 to :55
Level 5: from 1:05 to 1:10
Level 6: from 1:10 to 1:15​
[/FONT][/FONT]
Motion: P. Panichas​
Second: M. Dykes

http://www.usa-gymnastics.org/PDFs/Women/Committee Minutes/NJOC/W-JointJoTCMay07.pdf

The pages for the book were not reprinted. Hopefully all coaches and meet directors already now this! I remember the update being on the state website where I live.

USAG inreased all compulsory beam times on May 27, 2007 at the Technical Committee Meeting.

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]
Recommendation to increase the time for Level 4-6 Beam routines by 5 seconds:
Level 4: from :50 to :55
Level 5: from 1:05 to 1:10
Level 6: from 1:10 to 1:15​
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
Motion: P. Panichas​
Second: M. Dykes
FM, exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you so much. Looks like they have been using the L5 time for L4.

I think all the times are fine. my friend also competed six this past year she is a beautiful beamworker scoring 9.45 s flows in the routine really well, and she finishes in 1:10 i think the point was to make you flow. and if you do you finish in time.

This was a very helpful thread! My daughter keeps going over her time limit on L6 beam but she is practicing 1:25!! Most definately wrong! Thank u!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back