Parents Level 4 States!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

bigtiny

My 6-year-old had her Level 4 states this weekend. She hasn't quite been the same since falling off the beam in March and getting 12 stitches across her knee :(, so we were worried she wouldn't have a successful day.

She came in FIRST on beam (YEAH!), second on bars, tied for 2nd on floor, and took 4th in All-Around (vault didn't go so well - 8th - but she is still running with a limp from her injury). We are so very proud of her for all of her accomplishments this year. Thank you for sharing them with us :).

Now onto the bigger battle - the gym doesn't want to move her to Level 5 - even though she has her kip/cast squat on/jump to high bar, cartwheel and handstand to vertical on beam, front handspring and 2 good back handsprings on floor etc. Anyone want to send "move up" fairies our way:?;)

Last edited by a moderator:
monagles
[/url][/IMG]

What a great day! Congrats on the wonderful meet and to do so well on beam after the injury....fantastic! Sending move up fairies your way, she would probably be very bored in L4 again. Sounds like she has all she needs to move L5, how's vault? Is that a hang up?

Woohoo! Congratulations to your dd bigtiny! She did fantastic. I'm sorry to hear that vault did not go that well. I'm sure she was hampered by still recovering from that awful beam accident. It sounds to me like she is ready to move up so I'm sending "move up" vibes your way. I hope the gym reconsiders. It seems that they could at least let her train Level 5 over the summer and see how well she's doing in the Fall before making a final decision. Frankly, if she already has her kip she will be fine at Level 5.

Good luck!

Meg

Congrats to her!! She did great. Wow on beam, especially after having a bad fall and having to get stitches. That is a tough little girl you have!

I am sending you all the move-up fairies that are available. I can't understand how or why they would make her repeat level 4. She is such an amazing gymnast and I am sure she will do wonderfully at level 5. I would pull out the big guns, maybe even try out at another gym? Though that would be tough because you have 2 other gymmies at the same gym. I would really tell them that she does not want to repeat level 4 and you don't want her to either. That you would rather her repeat level 5 if she has to repeat a level (though I can't see her needing that, either). Or like someone said, ask them to move her to train level 5 for the summer and then go from there. Maybe they will now that she has done so well at States? I remember you are going out of town for the summer, maybe they can have her in level 5 and then she can come back and show them her stuff?

Good luck getting her moved to level 5, where she definitely belongs.

Big congrats to your daugther!!! ESPECIALLY after suffering the traumer of her previous beam accident and still recovering from that! She did an awesome job. What's the reasoning behind not wanting to move her to Level 5?? She's already got the skills... it doesn't make sense.

Just give her a big hug from all of us here on a job "well done." And I'm sending the "move up fairies" as well!

Wow what a great finish (hopefully) to L4!!!
Hope she is on to L5 soon! Sounds like she is more than ready!:)

Congrats to your DD! I hope she gets to move to L5. I fought this battle for Little Monkey. She was a 6 yr old L4 and they were moving everyone up to either 5 or 6 but her and one other girl. Both girls were small for age but if your dd already has those difficult bar skills down, I don't see what the problem is! That said, now that there are 4 Novice and 4 Open, I think we'll be seeing more kids held back.

Great results for an adorable little girl. Sending those move up fairies your way, seems ridiculous to hold her back when she has the skills, what exactly are their requirements?

Way to go on a great state meet!!!Sending move up fairies her way! I am confused also sound like she has got all of her L5 skills ,Have the coaches explained why they want to hold her back.I would be wanting some answers.

Great results from States. Sorry to hear about the movement. I am sure they will uptrain this summer with her and they may change their minds. DD is repeating L4 this year because she wasn't old enough to compete. I am nervous about it but I saw 10 of our L4 repeat this year and they up trained all the time. Our gym requires that you be consistant with a 34 AA through out the season to move to the next level.

Good luck and I hope it all works out.

Congrat's - what a great job she did !!!!!!! Way to come back from a scary fall and injury !!

I would try not to stress too much on the move up. My DD repeated L3 (yup L3) even though she had all her L4 skills before the season. I am pretty sure for my DD it was form that held her back partly. Another reason was that there were not enough girls ready for L4 so she would not have been competing w/ her teammates.

In the end it was a good thing for DD, even though I was upset at the time. Sometimes I think we need to let the coaches decide, even if we think it is a yucky decision.

The other poster's are correct - they may change their mind by the end of the summer.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back